Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Throwing a question out:

What does everyone use to detail the seats and doors?

What about the dash?

I have the Monaco red interior and am curious what to use.

-Chrisb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
430 Posts
I normally use a plain damp wet soft cloth and since I have windows tinted and garage kept, I don't worry about being sun baked.

Reactions: saboxerman

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
I use Pinnacle products to clean my interior. Made the mistake with my G35 in using Armor All products. Stay away from alcohol based cleaners. That should be obvious, but it wasn't to me when I started caring about my car. That caused my dash to have massive cracks in them. Pinnacle was recommended to me by my detail guy who I trust with my life. I use a two part system--both sprays--one to clean, and one to protect.

Reactions: Morpheus

·
Registered
244 Posts
Meguiar's interior detailer cleaner...I keep this and their normal exterior quick detailer in my trunk at all times with a couple microfiber towels.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
I also use Meguiar's products only. In fact, I use the same leather wipes Bevo recommended or a damp cloth if it's on textured plastic like OmenX suggested. My car is tinted all around (including front clear tint) and I have a Covercraft sunscreen (https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/product/uvs100-custom-sunscreen.UV) to better protect the interior of the car and limit cracking etc (hopefully).

For the outside, I keep terry cloths and instant detailer/bug & tar remover in the trunk. I've found it easiest to remove bird droppings, tree sap, etc as soon as I see it so that it protects the paint. I wash and wax the car every few weeks or my detailer gives it a quick wash for me. Since I have ppf & ceramic coating, I don't worry too much about the exterior anymore.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
The meguiar's cleaner/conditioner combo stuff can be a bit oily on new leather, so just be sparing with it (experienced this on mine with the wheat leather). I really like the Lexol cleaner and their conditioner (not a combo). You really don't need to add conditioner every time you clean your leather as it just adds more and more oil into the pores that eventually gives you a really greasy feel (again, speaking from experience). Go with a good cleaner and a good conditioner that are seperate and only use the conditioner every couple of months or so for the commonly used seats and longer for seats that are rarely used.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
The meguiar's cleaner/conditioner combo stuff can be a bit oily on new leather, so just be sparing with it (experienced this on mine with the wheat leather). I really like the Lexol cleaner and their conditioner (not a combo). You really don't need to add conditioner every time you clean your leather as it just adds more and more oil into the pores that eventually gives you a really greasy feel (again, speaking from experience). Go with a good cleaner and a good conditioner that are separate and only use the conditioner every couple of months or so for the commonly used seats and longer for seats that are rarely used.
Texas heat takes care of any oil

·
Premium Member
329 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
I normally use a plain damp wet soft cloth and since I have windows tinted and garage kept, I don't worry about being sun baked.
+1

Same here. For glass, granite and stainless in the home as well.

All these special cleaners when the universal solvent is all you need in many cases

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Right on. Some good info. I keep garaged as well. Tint is to come.

Much Appreciated for all the input.

-Chris

·
Registered
33 Posts
My cars lead a pretty spoiled life as garage queens part of the time. The very high UV levels present in our area are really hard on interiors, and exterior plastics.

For seats/inside I stick to 1z Cockpit Premium, as I prefer the "disappearing" semi-matt finish. Keeps the leather very nice, BUT I also don't use any interior product often. Too much product may get "greezy", and look tacky as well. A frequent wipe down with a barely-damp quality microfiber cloth gets used the most. For dry climes, the 1z Gummi Pflege Stift is great for rubber gaskets n' seals.

The exterior of my car gets trampled/trashed frequently, as there are trillions of sticky/squashy/gooey bugs roaming desert highways, especially anywhere near irrigated canals/fields. I swear by (while swearing at the bugs) several Poorboy's World products: Poorboy's W Bug Squash (diluted as per bottle), PB'sW Bird **** Remover, and PB'sW Glass Cleaner are hard to beat for all sorts of Crap (Most Poorboy's World products are very good).

Also, use PB's Bold N Bright, and Opti-Bond Tire Gel on tires as both products do not sling (properly applied) or collect dust. Dust attraction/"static-cling" in low-humidity rules out many popular "detail products" for me. I personally fav: Wolfgang Instant Detail Spritz, and Migliore Cima Sealant (Migliore makes several good-but-pricey products) as "non-static" detail sprays.

All of us could go broke, just buying car-care products?

·
Registered
27 Posts
i used to use stuff from meguiars or other lower end brands, now that i've discovered the "better" stuff, i can't go back.

for me leather is sonax foaming or leather masters

trim and dash is sonax dashboard or einszett/nextzett cockpit

all of these will help preserve the matte finish of the leather and dash a lot better. they also don't attract new dirt like the cheaper cleaners

but the advice of just a damp cloth is great for your normal cleanups, you only need cleaners every other month or so imo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My cars lead a pretty spoiled life as garage queens part of the time. The very high UV levels present in our area are really hard on interiors, and exterior plastics.

For seats/inside I stick to 1z Cockpit Premium, as I prefer the "disappearing" semi-matt finish. Keeps the leather very nice, BUT I also don't use any interior product often. Too much product may get "greezy", and look tacky as well. A frequent wipe down with a barely-damp quality microfiber cloth gets used the most. For dry climes, the 1z Gummi Pflege Stift is great for rubber gaskets n' seals.

The exterior of my car gets trampled/trashed frequently, as there are trillions of sticky/squashy/gooey bugs roaming desert highways, especially anywhere near irrigated canals/fields. I swear by (while swearing at the bugs) several Poorboy's World products: Poorboy's W Bug Squash (diluted as per bottle), PB'sW Bird **** Remover, and PB'sW Glass Cleaner are hard to beat for all sorts of Crap (Most Poorboy's World products are very good).

Also, use PB's Bold N Bright, and Opti-Bond Tire Gel on tires as both products do not sling (properly applied) or collect dust. Dust attraction/"static-cling" in low-humidity rules out many popular "detail products" for me. I personally fav: Wolfgang Instant Detail Spritz, and Migliore Cima Sealant (Migliore makes several good-but-pricey products) as "non-static" detail sprays.

All of us could go broke, just buying car-care products?

Thanks for the info. I keep my vehicles garaged as well. I am just curious about the types of products people use. I will be taking your advice and purchasing the cockpit and exterior products you mentioned.

Much appreciated

Chris

1 - 15 of 15 Posts