Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He Forum Members!

I've had my car about a month and I just had the car state inspected here in good ol' Maryland and the mechanic said there was a click when he turned the car to the extreme left or right, I have heard this before but thought nothing of it. He went on to say it may be a ball joint or possibly a wheel bearing. My q60 is a 2018 and I find it extremely strange that this click could be anything major.

Has anyone had this issue or heard of it?

*I did search the forum for anything similar but nothing came up*

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,429 Posts
Never heard that reported before. I'd have a dealership check it out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Bevo Horn

Yep, I'm going Monday morning to find out what is going on, the mechanic thought it was something in the rack and pinion but I doubt that is the case, I hear the click but the steering on my 18 is much tighter than the steering was on the 16 Q50 that I just let go.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
***Update***

So I took my ca to Jim Coleman Bethesda Infiniti here in Maryland and they had the car for four days while they gave me a QX50 loaner, I got an update yesterday evening. It turns out they have no idea what is causing the click/pop and are going to replace the entire steering column, the parts are coming in from the west coast.

Unfortunately, they have no idea if this will solve the problem or not, but I am supposed to get my car back on Wednesday so I'll have another update on Wednesday...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Update

So I took my ca to Jim Coleman Bethesda Infiniti here in Maryland and they had the car for four days while they gave me a QX50 loaner, I got an update yesterday evening. It turns out they have no idea what is causing the click/pop and are going to replace the entire steering column, the parts are coming in from the west coast.

Unfortunately, they have no idea if this will solve the problem or not, but I am supposed to get my car back on Wednesday so I'll have another update on Wednesday...
Hi, I have infiniti q50s with DAS and my steering wheel knocking. On Infiniti Q50 Forum forum I find the same situation as my, the person changed the steering rack but it did not help him. Please tell me, did your problem go away after replacing the steering column elements? Sorry for my English, I'am from Ukraine.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Hi, I have infiniti q50s with DAS and my steering wheel knocking. On Infiniti Q50 Forum forum I find the same situation as my, the person changed the steering rack but it did not help him. Please tell me, did your problem go away after replacing the steering column elements? Sorry for my English, I'am from Ukraine.
Ukraine! My girlfriend is from Lviv.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello I have a 2017 q60 premium I have a similar problem with my car I've brought to dealer and they showed me that some bolts on my steering rack rattled loose so they replaced the bolts and it was fixed for a while, it has mostly stopped on some days I will hear it once or twice but I always have the dealer check the bolts every oil change, service advisor says he had his q50 do it before also

1 - 8 of 8 Posts