Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've owned my RS since Dec. 2016. Today, as I often do, I turned on the climate control fan just to get some ventilation. I didn't select AC or Auto and the temperature control was set at 72. Instead of ambient temperature air from outside coming through the vents, the air was hot. I turned the temperature down to 60. It was still hot. I pushed the Auto button, the air cooled but it was still warm, not the usual near freezing temps I experience when the AC is on.

Anyone else had a similar experience? Anyone know anything about the device that controls the temperature for the climate control?

If it does this tomorrow I'm making a trip to the dealership.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Anyone else had a similar experience? Anyone know anything about the device that controls the temperature for the climate control?

If it does this tomorrow I'm making a trip to the dealership.
My hunch is an issue with the blend door actuator.

I had an issue like this on a different platform (Chrysler 300M) years ago, and it had automatic air. To get it to behave, I had to cycle it to "HI" then "LO" then "HI" then "LO" and then set it for the temperature I wanted it. The mechanical cycling by going from one temp extreme to another fixed the issue temporarily. Eventually, I did have to take it in to have the blend door actuator replaced.

·
Super Moderator
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My hunch is an issue with the blend door actuator.
I think you're spot on. Checked some youtube videos and the symptoms seem to fit. Called my dealership to check if they had the part in stock before I took it in for service. He said they had 17 actuators and that apparently it's a common issue.

·
Super Moderator
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So today when I got in the car the climate control was back to normal. Maybe it had a brain fart. We'll see.

·
Super Moderator
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Super Moderator
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Blend door issue happened in my Q50 twice. Not yet in the Q60.
So this morning driver's side vents were providing heat when none was requested. Called the parts department to see if they had the actuator in stock, they did. Took it in for service. They replaced the actuator and rod all in an hour. Thanks again for the help.

·
Super Moderator
2,081 Posts
@Bevo Horn , mine has been doing this as well lately and I figured it was the same issue. But I'm about 2hrs away from the dealer and with it being winter, I figure I can just wait until next year before going in to get it fixed when I get my annual oil change lol

·
Super Moderator
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@Bevo Horn , mine has been doing this as well lately and I figured it was the same issue. But I'm about 2hrs away from the dealer and with it being winter, I figure I can just wait until next year before going in to get it fixed when I get my annual oil change lol
:LOL: The service writer said it's not a common issue but it does happen with the OEM actuator. He said the replacement actuators haven't failed in his experience.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts