Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to do coding on Q50s/Q60s to change locked settings. On BMWs for instance it's possible to connect a laptop via ENET cable to the car's OBD and use software to do some neat things like disable annoying seat belt warnings and gong noises, enable video playback while car is in motion, change how long backup camera stays on, have the car the current speed digitally, etc. I tried searching online to see if there was anything out there regarding coding on Q50s but didn't find anything yet.

My main motivation for wanting to do coding on the Q60 as you may have guessed is to adjust the drive mode to default into Sport mode right when the car is turned on instead of Standard. Also would like to get rid of the analog clock on the top display or at least change the default, and so on

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
I was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to do coding on Q50s/Q60s to change locked settings. On BMWs for instance it's possible to connect a laptop via ENET cable to the car's OBD and use software to do some neat things like disable annoying seat belt warnings and gong noises, enable video playback while car is in motion, change how long backup camera stays on, have the car the current speed digitally, etc. I tried searching online to see if there was anything out there regarding coding on Q50s but didn't find anything yet.

My main motivation for wanting to do coding on the Q60 as you may have guessed is to adjust the drive mode to default into Sport mode right when the car is turned on instead of Standard. Also would like to get rid of the analog clock on the top display or at least change the default, and so on
I have navigation so If I want to see that large clock, I have to select it to be displayed in the bottom monitor. I am able to select which type of clock I want displayed, like analog, and at least a couple of different digital displays...

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts

I don't know but I think this would be great. I don't have much experience with Infiniti dealerships since all my past Infinitis were maintained through NNA but I have a feeling the service dept probably won't be as helpful with this as with the German brands. Nevertheless, I would be interested as well if you found an answer. It may be something as simple as switching on in ACC mode and then holding a couple buttons and rotating the volume or power knob, etc a bunch of times (that's kinda what it is for the GTR base menu but you cannot program drive modes that way).

Your only option might be EcuTek/Cobb or something similar but that's potentially warranty voiding.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I know what you are talking about. My friend did this with his new M3. He even found a way to leave the valves open in the exhaust to make it louder which i wish was an options for the Q.

He is really educated with coding and programming so I will talk to him and see if there are any options for the Q60

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
So I'm guessing nobody in the forum knows if this is possible judging by lack of response
Push "Menu">"Settings">"Clock" to turn the clock display on or off.

·
Registered
308 Posts
To get sport mode as the default setting when you turn it on is a very commonly sought after thing. I personally haven't heard of anyone getting it done though

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Push "Menu">"Settings">"Clock" to turn the clock display on or off.
I know, I still want to be able to change settings the car has locked or prevents us from adjusting, which would require coding aka "hacking" the car's settings so that you can change their values

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know what you are talking about. My friend did this with his new M3. He even found a way to leave the valves open in the exhaust to make it louder which i wish was an options for the Q.

He is really educated with coding and programming so I will talk to him and see if there are any options for the Q60
Yeah, BMWs are really easy to get into to play around with the settings and parameters. The inTouch system seems so locked down...would be awesome to take back some of the control that we all know is built in and simply needs to be toggled on/off

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Yeah, BMWs are really easy to get into to play around with the settings and parameters. The inTouch system seems so locked down...would be awesome to take back some of the control that we all know is built in and simply needs to be toggled on/off
You might have some luck if you can find someone with CONSULT...I think it's now CONSULT III. That's the best way to get into the base software. The dealership can get into the software if they've shelled out for CONSULT but the chances are pretty good they wouldn't want to do it because it brings no value add to them unless you promise a tech something off the books maybe...dunno. That could work if you get friendly enough with a master tech.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You might have some luck if you can find someone with CONSULT...I think it's now CONSULT III. That's the best way to get into the base software. The dealership can get into the software if they've shelled out for CONSULT but the chances are pretty good they wouldn't want to do it because it brings no value add to them unless you promise a tech something off the books maybe...dunno. That could work if you get friendly enough with a master tech.
Interesting. Was hoping to avoid something like that but I suppose that's an option. I doubt a master tech would be cool with disabling speedlock settings for things like rear camera, phone book, and other options the car prevents you from getting into unless the speedometer is at 0 mph but never hurts to ask

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Interesting. Was hoping to avoid something like that but I suppose that's an option. I doubt a master tech would be cool with disabling speedlock settings for things like rear camera, phone book, and other options the car prevents you from getting into unless the speedometer is at 0 mph but never hurts to ask
Step 1: Get friendly with master tech
Step 2: Stroke master tech' ego (no no no, not that way)
Step 3: Casually mention how the car could be so much better with some settings disabled and ask if it can be done using CONSULT. Act completely innocent and act like you think it's a dumb question
Step 4: Buy master tech pizza, & beer (these are universal friendship tokens and key to gaining a lifelong friend)
Step 5: Ask about making changes to the car after 3-4 beers. Don't let them forget they said yes when they sober up.
Step 6: Profit!!!

>:)>:)>:)>:)

·
Registered
591 Posts
A similar 6 step process was how I made friends with someone who can change my tires every year for free. :D
Maybe your local garage will have CONSULT 3 and know how to use it.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Step 1: Get friendly with master tech
Step 2: Stroke master tech' ego (no no no, not that way)
Step 3: Casually mention how the car could be so much better with some settings disabled and ask if it can be done using CONSULT. Act completely innocent and act like you think it's a dumb question
Step 4: Buy master tech pizza, & beer (these are universal friendship tokens and key to gaining a lifelong friend)
Step 5: Ask about making changes to the car after 3-4 beers. Don't let them forget they said yes when they sober up.

Step 6: Profit!!!

>:)>:)>:)>:)
Very crucial points ! If that doesn't get you in and he still says no... try again later with a bottle of Johnnie... he might be a heavy drinker ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts