Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just installed my BC Racing coilovers on my 2018 RS.....what you guys did with the DDS plugs?? I did put some tape on the plug and attached it in a safe location.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
When I was playing with my RSR coilovers, I unplugged and stored the rear DDS cable that connects to another connector just past the wheelwell space, and taped that connector with some electrical tape. I zipped tied the front DDS cable and plug along the wheel speed sensor line and taped the plug.

Basically what you did is perfectly fine.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey guys just installed my BC Racing coilovers on my 2018 RS.....what you guys did with the DDS plugs?? I did put some tape on the plug and attached it in a safe location.
Looking at coilovers to purchase. How do I know if I have DDS?

·
Super Moderator
2,798 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,798 Posts
Interesting so I’ll need to remove a tire and physically look for some connectors going to the shocks?
That's one way. Apparently they don't make Coilovers for DDS so folks have just left the system disconnected.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Interesting so I’ll need to remove a tire and physically look for some connectors going to the shocks?
That's one way. Apparently they don't make Coilovers for DDS so folks have just left the system disconnected.
They actually do that’s why I was wondering if I had DDS. BC Racing makes them

https://www.springrates.com/bc-racing-br-series-coilovers-2017-infiniti-q60-awd-w-dds/?sku=V-24-BR-1&msclkid=33925de1a40c11c9bf1c00a824f670e1&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=**LP Shopping - BR Series&utm_term=4576648434801883&utm_content=25456 | BC Racing BR Series Coilovers - 2017+ Infiniti Q60 AWD (w/ DDS) | $995

·
Super Moderator
2,798 Posts

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Looking at coilovers to purchase. How do I know if I have DDS?
If you bought your Q new, check your window sticker to see if DDS was included. Or, cycle through the car's "Drive Mode" selector and see if you have settings for "soft" and "firm" as per the Q brochure:

DRIVE MODE SELECTOR
The two ‘soft’ and ‘firm’ electronic damper settings offered with DDS are available for selection through the Drive Mode Selector.

~

Reactions: Omenx

·
Super Moderator
2,798 Posts
P.5-26 "Starting and driving" in the owner's manual

·
Registered
95 Posts

it is car compatible with dds but it doesn't work with dds system if you have, this is the reason I'm in impasse if I should get a coilover for my rs or a lowering spring, the problem with lowering spring is, **** snow in illinois. My rs is my workhorse too. I don't know, if disconnecting the dds is worth it, any feedback, i wanted to lower the car on summer and raise it on winter.one more thing which one rsr or bc?

·
Registered
54 Posts
it is car compatible with dds but it doesn't work with dds system if you have, this is the reason I'm in impasse if I should get a coilover for my rs or a lowering spring, the problem with lowering spring is, **** snow in illinois. My rs is my workhorse too. I don't know, if disconnecting the dds is worth it, any feedback, i wanted to lower the car on summer and raise it on winter.one more thing which one rsr or bc?
I ran RSR downs with DDS connected for a while and I wasn't a fan, just changing springs improved my traction significantly though. RSR downs also dropped the car super low.
After a few months of fearing for my oil pan's life, I got Tein coilovers. No complaints and don't miss DDS.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts

I'm assuming your RS is AWD considering your locale. Honestly short of going full bags I think coilovers are going to be your best bet if you want to be able to adjust for winter. I have a set of RSR coilovers for AWD that I rode with for about 10K miles. I liked them but then RSR came out with the Q60 specific lowering springs so I thought I'd try that and see if they gave a better ride. In the end they didn't but instead of going back to the coilovers I tried some other ideas which all just led me to go back to stock. If you want a set of RSR coilovers for a song pm me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Over on the Q50 forum there is a thread about a group buy of KW coilovers that petered out and died for now about the possibility of DDS compatible coilovers with bluetooth adjustment via smartphone and programming the modes. Would have been +$4Kish.

A few of us were in for it, but it never came to fruition. Worth a look over there. Good read.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm assuming your RS is AWD considering your locale. Honestly short of going full bags I think coilovers are going to be your best bet if you want to be able to adjust for winter. I have a set of RSR coilovers for AWD that I rode with for about 10K miles. I liked them but then RSR came out with the Q60 specific lowering springs so I thought I'd try that and see if they gave a better ride. In the end they didn't but instead of going back to the coilovers I tried some other ideas which all just led me to go back to stock. If you want a set of RSR coilovers for a song pm me.
I was thinking of doing bags but then super cold winter affects the compressed air right? specially here in illinois. Idk, I am still undecided, I'll probably wait. So I'm guessing keeping the DDS is worth it?

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
I was thinking of doing bags but then super cold winter affects the compressed air right? specially here in illinois. Idk, I am still undecided, I'll probably wait. So I'm guessing keeping the DDS is worth it?

Meh I don't necessarily think so, I never really use it. The suspension is stiff enough stock as it is I don't really feel the difference anymore.

·
Registered
30 Posts
When I was playing with my RSR coilovers, I unplugged and stored the rear DDS cable that connects to another connector just past the wheelwell space, and taped that connector with some electrical tape. I zipped tied the front DDS cable and plug along the wheel speed sensor line and taped the plug.
Basically what you did is perfectly fine.
Im planning to get HKS coilover. My question is if DDS is disconnected, will any warning light come on?

·
Registered
742 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Im planning to get HKS coilover. My question is if DDS is disconnected, will any warning light come on????

1 - 20 of 32 Posts