Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Im planning to get HKS coilover. My question is if DDS is disconnected, will any warning light come on????

No, disconnecting DDS from all the struts will not throw a light, at least it doesn't on my 2017 Q60RS when I swap out the struts for coilovers. I simply disconnect the DDS cable extension in the rear and put electrical tape over the port, and in the front I zip-tie the DDS cable to the speed sensor cable and wrap the plug in electrical tape.

·
Registered
742 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
These are affordable Coilovers (CO) and have DDS. My question is how come I don't see an interface on the CO where the car's DDS cable connects to?

Q60 FTW

·
Registered
207 Posts
My question is how come I don't see an interface on the CO where the car's DDS cable connects to?
If I recall correctly, the BC Racing coilovers for DDS have a cap that plugs onto the DDS cable to terminate the connection; it will not integrate with DDS to dynamically adjust dampening, but it will prevent any DTCs from triggering.

·
Registered
131 Posts
@Malmby Thank you for the info. Looking at your signature, that's where I want to be someday. Can you share some photos of your car and time 0-60, 1/4 mile?

·
Registered
207 Posts
@Malmby Thank you for the info. Looking at your signature, that's where I want to be someday. Can you share some photos of your car and time 0-60, 1/4 mile?
I have not gotten to a drag strip yet, nor have I run a proper quarter-mile with my Dragy. My last 0-60 was 3.4X seconds on an unprepared road.

A quick photo with the summer wheels:
2020-04-07_17-56-19_345.jpeg

A quick photo of the current exhaust setup (awful photo, but we had hail coming, so I had to be quick):
2020-04-07_14-53-52_285.jpeg

Previous/alternative exhaust setup:
2019-06-13_09-11-21_764.jpeg

2019-04-04_13-07-01_709.jpeg

2019-04-19_15-17-40_042.jpeg

Photo with winter tires on (from last time I was at AMS; photo by AMS):
2019-06-13_15-05-16_194.jpeg

I am on the OEM suspension (except for rear anti-sway bar and adjustable endlinks) because this is not my track car. Also, I have not wanted to risk tampering with the zero-lift aerodynamics by adjusting the ride height. (If JRZ Suspension or Ohlins ever released a set of coilovers for the Q60, I would bite on that though.)

I can tell you that the OEM suspension is very, very soft (I refer to it as "luxury sport") and by far the weak point on a track. If I ever replace this with a new daily (thinking a CLA 45 AMG or Q50), I would likely replace the suspension with something stiffer and better for track use.

·
Super Moderator
2,798 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
That Akrapovič looked pretty sweet. What did it consist of?
Sadly, it is just Akrapovic exhaust tips (Akrapovic carbon covers repurposed on custom piping to get desired dimensions). Infiniti Helmholtz axle-back, aFe Power Y-Pipe and mid-pipe with resonators, and AMS lower downpipes (AMS full catted downpipes in a box waiting for install). I swap the side and center-exit Infiniti Helmholtz axle-backs depending on which diffuser I am running (LARTE or Infiniti center-exit).

Edit: wow, typing that out makes me sound like a poser. I did not intend to fake an Akrapovic exhaust--these were the only design exhaust tips I liked, so I used them to get the look I was after--I would actually prefer them without the logo or an actual full Akrapovic exhaust.

I like how the setup turned out. I still debate having Fluid Motor Union build a custom cat-back setup, but what I have sounds good and has not been a bottleneck with stock turbos--maybe after the RA600 upgrade, I will upgrade the exhaust.

Reactions: Bevo Horn

·
Super Moderator
2,798 Posts
or an actual full Akrapovic exhaust.
Yup, everyone would prefer a full Akrapovic exhaust. (y)

I just have an open slip-on with mid pipe and the required PC.

Reactions: Malmby

·
Registered
742 Posts
Bringing this thread back to discussing C/Os w/DDS, I opted a few months ago to order the RS-R Best *I Active C/Os:

Infiniti Q60 3.0t Sport/Red Sport AWD Best*i Active Coilovers 2017+

In addition, I ordered a bunch of SPL Suspension bits to properly adjust the Camber, Caster, & Toe after dropping the ride height 1". Here's the list:

AR Motorsports in Tigard, OR, performed the installation work. They are an authorized SPL Parts dealer, and they included transport to/from their shop during Covid (I'm in North Seattle), so all I had to provide is payment.

Overall, after driving with this suspension package, and yes, on the original Dumflat tires, which are getting replaced soon, I am quite pleased with the results. In "Standard" Drive Mode, the suspension is not harsh at all. The dampening setting is set at 13/26 clicks from "Soft" in front, and 8/26 clicks from "Soft" in back. Flip the Drive Mode to "Sport" or "Sport+", and the ride noticeably firms up. I can carry another 10-15 mph in on- and off-ramp sweepers compared to the stock suspension in the same listed Drive Modes.

With the adjustability provided by the SPL components, the shop initially set the front Camber @ -2.5, and front Toe @ 0. The rear Camber was set @ -1.5. While the turn-in was impressive with the Camber @ -2.5, my front tire pressures increased 5-6 psi during "spirited" driving, and the inner treads were noticeably warmer compared to the outer treads. Therefore, I purchased an alignment measurement tool, which allowed me to measure and alter the Camber (& Caster) settings. I decided to reduce the front Camber to -1.5 to match the rear. The results have resulted in much more uniform tread temperatures from inside to outside, and the front tire pressures are typically increasing by 2-3 psi from cold to hot.

I am still running the stock FSB, with the Stillen RSB set at its firmest setting. The SB endlinks are SPL at the front & rear. Right now the car is fairly neutral at the limit, with just a hint of understeer. When I install new lightweight wheels and stickier tires, I'll re-evaluate whether to install the Hotchkis FRT & RR Adjustable SBs for the AWD Qs.

Some pics taken during installation:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Bringing this thread back to discussing C/Os w/DDS, I opted a few months ago to order the RS-R Best *I Active C/Os:

Infiniti Q60 3.0t Sport/Red Sport AWD Best*i Active Coilovers 2017+

In addition, I ordered a bunch of SPL Suspension bits to properly adjust the Camber, Caster, & Toe after dropping the ride height 1". Here's the list:
View attachment 23186

AR Motorsports in Tigard, OR, performed the installation work. They are an authorized SPL Parts dealer, and they included transport to/from their shop during Covid (I'm in North Seattle), so all I had to provide is payment.

Overall, after driving with this suspension package, and yes, on the original Dumflat tires, which are getting replaced soon, I am quite pleased with the results. In "Standard" Drive Mode, the suspension is not harsh at all. The dampening setting is set at 13/26 clicks from "Soft" in front, and 8/26 clicks from "Soft" in back. Flip the Drive Mode to "Sport" or "Sport+", and the ride noticeably firms up. I can carry another 10-15 mph in on- and off-ramp sweepers compared to the stock suspension in the same listed Drive Modes.

With the adjustability provided by the SPL components, the shop initially set the front Camber @ -2.5, and front Toe @ 0. The rear Camber was set @ -1.5. While the turn-in was impressive with the Camber @ -2.5, my front tire pressures increased 5-6 psi during "spirited" driving, and the inner treads were noticeably warmer compared to the outer treads. Therefore, I purchased an alignment measurement tool, which allowed me to measure and alter the Camber (& Caster) settings. I decided to reduce the front Camber to -1.5 to match the rear. The results have resulted in much more uniform tread temperatures from inside to outside, and the front tire pressures are typically increasing by 2-3 psi from cold to hot.

I am still running the stock FSB, with the Stillen RSB set at its firmest setting. The SB endlinks are SPL at the front & rear. Right now the car is fairly neutral at the limit, with just a hint of understeer. When I install new lightweight wheels and stickier tires, I'll re-evaluate whether to install the Hotchkis FRT & RR Adjustable SBs for the AWD Qs.

Some pics taken during installation:
View attachment 23187
View attachment 23191
View attachment 23188
View attachment 23189
View attachment 23190
This is a dream suspension setup.

Q60 RS400 AWD, AMS Ecutek Tune, LDP, HE, Invidia Gemini CBE, Stillen CAI, Add W1 V3.3 OCC and rolling with staggered 20s Verde V99 Axis wrap in Michelin AS/3 Plus

Reactions: IridiumRS400
21 - 32 of 32 Posts