Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to ask what do guys recommend for a cold air intake? I have a 2017 Q60 RS . I have a AEM now and it keeps putting my MAF sensor on. I was thinking about getting a Stillen one. Please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
You think you have MAF issues now with the AEM? Just go ahead and double-down and order the Stillen intakes. Stillen may have it sorted by now, but a couple of years ago we pretty much determined their MAF placement in their intake tubes was causing turbulence that led to MAF reading errors/CELs.

If you are ****-bent on an aftermarket intake setup, your best bet is AMS Intakes. But just like all the aftermarket intakes for the VR30, they are more for show then go. Only if your Q is tuned does the AMS Intake provide any hp benefit, and it's a small one at best, considering the pricing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You think you have MAF issues now with the AEM? Just go ahead and double-down and order the Stillen intakes. Stillen may have it sorted by now, but a couple of years ago we pretty much determined their MAF placement in their intake tubes was causing turbulence that led to MAF reading errors/CELs.

If you are ****-bent on an aftermarket intake setup, your best bet is AMS Intakes. But just like all the aftermarket intakes for the VR30, they are more for show then go. Only if your Q is tuned does the AMS Intake provide any hp benefit, and it's a small one at best, considering the pricing.
Ok thank you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
man, i installed AMS intakes on my 2020 3.0t and it sounds and runs great. U can feels some more power or maybe its just me. I can hear the engine sucking wind when accelarating.
I wanted to ask what do guys recommend for a cold air intake? I have a 2017 Q60 RS . I have a AEM now and it keeps putting my MAF sensor on. I was thinking about getting a Stillen one. Please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
U can feels some more power or mabe its just me.
It's just you if it's otherwise a stock 3.0t:
Slope Rectangle Plot Font Parallel

Tuned? Ok, it moves the needle a little...
Slope Rectangle Plot Font Parallel

The stock airboxes are really efficient. You'll likely get 1/2 the gains of the AMS Intakes when tuned with just the substitution of a good dry-media panel filter, like aFe, for example.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just installed the AMS intakes (but along with lower downpipe and CBE exhaust) without a tune and can agree it "feels" slightly more powerful. It is probably due to mainly opening up the exhaust restrictions and the sound of the intakes. I'll be getting tuned later this month so hoping to provide before / after tune numbers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just installed the AMS intakes (but along with lower downpipe and CBE exhaust) without a tune and can agree it "feels" slightly more powerful. It is probably due to mainly opening up the exhaust restrictions and the sound of the intakes. I'll be getting tuned later this month so hoping to provide before / after tune numbers.
Bro, thats cool u have to be feeling more a pull when u accelerate, there’s a sweet spot on these cars. Im still debating when to get Ldp’s. Im sure they have to help some what in performance u know. Even if it moves the needle like Iridium showed us at least it does something. **** i love how it sounds. Slowly build this thing to your likings.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Bro, thats cool u have to be feeling more a pull when u accelerate, there’s a sweet spot on these cars. Im still debating when to get Ldp’s. Im sure they have to help some what in performance u know. Even if it moves the needle like Iridium showed us at least it does something. **** i love how it sounds. Slowly build this thing to your likings.
I did the LDP early on because I wanted the deeper tone in terms of sound. It just so happens that the stock lowers are the most restrictive so changing that out is usually the the first thing to do just a bit harder in California.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I did the LDP early on because I wanted the deeper tone in terms of sound. It just so happens that the stock lowers are the most restrictive so changing that out is usually the the first thing to do just a bit harder in California.
Ok so u felt a difference when u installed the ldp’s riight? I know tuning it will give u better results but without tuning does not really harm the car. What ldp’s do u have installed?

·
Registered
42 Posts
It doesn’t hurt the car just having lower down pipes and I have the fast intentions lower down pipes to pair with the exhaust.

Reactions: Bodhi

·
Registered
10 Posts
I want the deeper sound as well. Im looking to buy resonated ldp’s in the near future.

·
Registered
27 Posts
It's just you if it's otherwise a stock 3.0t:
View attachment 25034
Tuned? Ok, it moves the needle a little...
View attachment 25035
The stock airboxes are really efficient. You'll likely get 1/2 the gains of the AMS Intakes when tuned with just the substitution of a good dry-media panel filter, like aFe, for example.
Thanks Iridium for saving me the $...
It looks like unless you get a substantial tune done,( which i probably wont do..at least right away).. a CAI really is just for show and has little to no effect on performance.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Thanks Iridium for saving me the $...
It looks like unless you get a substantial tune done,( which i probably wont do..at least right away).. a CAI really is just for show and has little to no effect on performance.
Correct. If I had to do it all over again, I'd simply get some aFe dry panel filters and call it a day for intake mods.

Now that I save you about $500 bucks, you can use the money in the mod budget for something else, like FRT & RR Hotchkis Sway Bars, perhaps?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts