Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I understand this is a new version of the former G37 coupe, which started life as the G35 coupe. Infinitis used to be called G (smallest size), M (mid-size) or Q (large, luxury size) models. Now they're going to name them all Q-something and I find it confusing. Maybe they've decided to reduce the number of sizes and this is a way to disguise that strategy. So I gather the new G37 four door sedan is the Q50 and the coupe is the Q60, but I can't tell from that whether the engine size has increased from 3.7 litres to something else. Very confusing. And all their SUV's will now be QX-something, instead of FX. It's as if they had nothing better to do than confuse consumers!

Apart from all of that, is the Q60 better than the G37? Is it available with a 6-speed paddle shift dual clutch transmission and/or all wheel drive? Inquiring minds would like to know.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I am confused as well with Infiniti this is not the first time they have done the whole name change with their lines of vehicles. I remember in the late 90's all they had was the Q and then slowly the G sedan made its appearance and then the larger Q class with the suv came in to play. They just can't make up their mind.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Not too fond of the idea of an all wheel drive Q60 coupe. rear wheel drive for a sports coupe is superior for handling all wheel drive should be kept just as an option for the Q50 sedan.

since they took the 6 speed manual transmission out for the sedan, the last hope for a manual transmission lies in the Q60 which has yet to be released. Let us pray that it will come with a manual transmission.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I can see people with higher numbers bragging about them being better. so instead of looking at the number now they just look at the number. "I have a Q70 that means it's better than your Q60." lol
I'll feel sorry for Q30 drivers, they'll be at the very bottom haha

·
Registered
67 Posts
q30?? i thought the q50 was the smallest sedan they will have. last i remember a q30 it was a sedan from the 90's....
They had a G25 with a 2.5 liter engine and the same chassis as a G37 sedan. Maybe they'll offer a Q40 with the Q50 chassis paired with a 2.5 liter engine.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I am not sure what problem they were trying to solve with the previous names. If there was a problem, it seems like the new names are kinda the same (nothing radically different.) I understand changing up the name just to start off some new models and new ideas, I just wish they were either more creative or more functional names.

What I mean by functional is that the names make it clear which vehicle is which. How about all the sedans have an "S" in the name, and all coupes have a "C." Would this not make things easier to understand?

·
Registered
164 Posts
See what happens when you change the naming scheme of the vehicles a couple times. It gets confusing. I just hope infiniti settles with this whole naming process and leave it alone. There is no sense of confusing consumers. There is no Q40 in the works at the moment.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts