Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
I had a turbo failure at 13k miles or so.. had both replaced and went back to only lower downpipes and have had no issues since.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wanted to add this for everyone and this seemed like the best thread. I noticed a rattle on cold start and took it in to the dealer. It was confirmed to be wastegate rattle, and they are replacing both turbos.

My car is a 2018 red sport with 16k miles, just catback.

5-7sec mark of this video you can hear it:

·
Registered
92 Posts
**** this is scary, I think I have the same rattle. Did they give you any trouble because of the CBE?

·
Registered
23 Posts
**** this is scary, I think I have the same rattle. Did they give you any trouble because of the CBE?
Nope, should be totally fine with catback. I've read there isn't too much push back on turbo replacement since it's relatively common (and also gives the shop a full days job). To that end I'm not even positive they heard the sound, usually only did it on cold start and I got the message they were replacing the turbos like an hour after I dropped it off.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Did you show them this video? I'll make one of my cold start to see how it compares.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Did you show them this video? I'll make one of my cold start to see how it compares.
Yeah I did send it to their service department just in case. Timing wise I think they approved the work before even receiving it lol

Reactions: Bevo Horn

·
Super Moderator
2,887 Posts
Yeah I did send it to their service department just in case. Timing wise I think they approved the work before even receiving it lol
Please update us after the repair

·
Registered
23 Posts
Please update us after the repair
Will do. I'm going to have them do an oil change as well. I was surprised this wouldn't be a required step, I figured they would drain all fluids and need to take the engine out but was told no. If anyone has any dealer provided feedback on that from their turbo swaps please let me know

·
Super Moderator
2,887 Posts
Will do. I'm going to have them do an oil change as well. I was surprised this wouldn't be a required step, I figured they would drain all fluids and need to take the engine out but was told no. If anyone has any dealer provided feedback on that from their turbo swaps please let me know
I haven't paid super close attention to turbo swaps posted here, but I was under the impression the engine had to come out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
So of course they do take the engine out, but apparently only need to drain the coolant not oil. So I did an oil change anyway, and installed intakes (why not engine was already out). Car felt good on the drive home so thinking all is well now

·
Super Moderator
2,887 Posts
So of course they do take the engine out, but apparently only need to drain the coolant not oil. So I did an oil change anyway, and installed intakes (why not engine was already out). Car felt good on the drive home so thinking all is well now
They replaced the turbos in one day?

·
Registered
23 Posts
They replaced the turbos in one day?
They had the car since Monday and parts came in Tuesday night. I think they started Wednesday and wrapped it up this morning, I got the completion notice around 1pm. My slip doesn't have labor hours specified but I read in some other forum posts that it was an ~8 hour job so they might be able to squeeze it into a single day.

Reactions: Bevo Horn

·
Registered
19 Posts
The sound my q60 was making. As of now, it's at the dealer. I'm still waiting on what there going to do. The last thing I heard from them was that they bought something for the turbo? The lady wasn't specific, so I have to wait untill tomorrow when there open to see what they order.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts