Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Have you heard of a dealership doing that? Assuming voids warranty right?
The only dealership I would guess would do it is the Austin Infiniti dealership; they are very mod-friendly and are actually testing new things (including aftermarket intercoolers).

Reactions: SlowFC

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
The only dealership I would guess would do it is the Austin Infiniti dealership; they are very mod-friendly and are actually testing new things (including aftermarket intercoolers).
That's pretty cool!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Guessing road trip to austin infiniti for my next turbo failure 😅

·
Registered
19 Posts
Also forgot to mention having extra 30miles on the car normal for test drive? Or did they joy ride got it back at 9mpg and 30 more miles

·
Super Moderator
2,894 Posts
Also forgot to mention having extra 30miles on the car normal for test drive? Or did they joy ride got it back at 9mpg and 30 more miles
Probably took the kids to lunch

·
Registered
337 Posts
I already had my turbos replaced at 13k miles, already hearing the same noise i heard when i had them replaced the first time.. now at 30k miles.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I already had my turbos replaced at 13k miles, already hearing the same noise i heard when i had them replaced the first time.. now at 30k miles.
Sorry to hear that man guess time to go austin texas for the pure turbos upgrade?

·
Registered
839 Posts
Sorry to hear that man guess time to go austin texas for the pure turbos upgrade?
Nah, he could drive up to GoAuto from LI and see Farooq, since he has recently installed Pure Turbos & AMS Injectors in @JohnInNH 's Q50.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey all- a few weeks after the turbo replacement I smelled gas in my garage after a spirited drive. Started it up and saw a leak coming from the fuel line. This connection was loose:

Had to get the car towed in. They are ordering a new fuel line and said there was a failure at the oring interface. Not sure what to make of it, I see that connection style and it seems reuse could have stressed that plastic clip mechanism. They claim this is the only time they've seen this, but just figured Id post this in case anyone else has a similar concern after turbo replacement!

·
Registered
361 Posts
So any percentages and analytics on the percent of Turbo failures and at what mileage etc?

·
Super Moderator
2,894 Posts
So any percentages and analytics on the percent of Turbo failures and at what mileage etc?
So I'm at 23,000+ miles with no issues, however, the manual does say this:
4. Warm-up
Allow the engine to idle for at least 30
seconds after starting. Do not race the
engine while warming it up. Drive at
moderate speed for a short distance
first, especially in cold weather.

Since I'm right by a freeway I let my Q warm up for a full 2 minutes as per the trip timer before I pull out of the garage.

·
Registered
59 Posts
My car is at 65k miles and turbos are still fine. I had JB4 installed since 42K on +6 PSI peak and Ecutek tuned since 58K on 20 PSI map every time. I am installing FDP's this week. I make sure I do not go into boost until car is fully warmed up and wait a couple of minutes before I turn the car off after some spirited driving. I am hoping to upgrade to Pure's next year at the latest so I don't care if the turbos go bad anytime soon.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts