Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Have you heard of a dealership doing that? Assuming voids warranty right?
The only dealership I would guess would do it is the Austin Infiniti dealership; they are very mod-friendly and are actually testing new things (including aftermarket intercoolers).

Reactions: SlowFC

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
The only dealership I would guess would do it is the Austin Infiniti dealership; they are very mod-friendly and are actually testing new things (including aftermarket intercoolers).
That's pretty cool!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Guessing road trip to austin infiniti for my next turbo failure 😅

·
Registered
21 Posts
Also forgot to mention having extra 30miles on the car normal for test drive? Or did they joy ride got it back at 9mpg and 30 more miles

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,388 Posts
Also forgot to mention having extra 30miles on the car normal for test drive? Or did they joy ride got it back at 9mpg and 30 more miles
Probably took the kids to lunch

·
Read Only
343 Posts
I already had my turbos replaced at 13k miles, already hearing the same noise i heard when i had them replaced the first time.. now at 30k miles.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I already had my turbos replaced at 13k miles, already hearing the same noise i heard when i had them replaced the first time.. now at 30k miles.
Sorry to hear that man guess time to go austin texas for the pure turbos upgrade?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Sorry to hear that man guess time to go austin texas for the pure turbos upgrade?
Nah, he could drive up to GoAuto from LI and see Farooq, since he has recently installed Pure Turbos & AMS Injectors in @JohnInNH 's Q50.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey all- a few weeks after the turbo replacement I smelled gas in my garage after a spirited drive. Started it up and saw a leak coming from the fuel line. This connection was loose:

Had to get the car towed in. They are ordering a new fuel line and said there was a failure at the oring interface. Not sure what to make of it, I see that connection style and it seems reuse could have stressed that plastic clip mechanism. They claim this is the only time they've seen this, but just figured Id post this in case anyone else has a similar concern after turbo replacement!

·
Registered
410 Posts
So any percentages and analytics on the percent of Turbo failures and at what mileage etc?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,388 Posts
So any percentages and analytics on the percent of Turbo failures and at what mileage etc?
So I'm at 23,000+ miles with no issues, however, the manual does say this:
4. Warm-up
Allow the engine to idle for at least 30
seconds after starting. Do not race the
engine while warming it up. Drive at
moderate speed for a short distance
first, especially in cold weather.

Since I'm right by a freeway I let my Q warm up for a full 2 minutes as per the trip timer before I pull out of the garage.

·
Registered
91 Posts
My car is at 65k miles and turbos are still fine. I had JB4 installed since 42K on +6 PSI peak and Ecutek tuned since 58K on 20 PSI map every time. I am installing FDP's this week. I make sure I do not go into boost until car is fully warmed up and wait a couple of minutes before I turn the car off after some spirited driving. I am hoping to upgrade to Pure's next year at the latest so I don't care if the turbos go bad anytime soon.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So far so good on my q60 since i got it back i been doing what you guys where saying and also been letting it idle 2 minutes before shutting it off

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wanted to add this for everyone and this seemed like the best thread. I noticed a rattle on cold start and took it in to the dealer. It was confirmed to be wastegate rattle, and they are replacing both turbos.

My car is a 2018 red sport with 16k miles, just catback.

5-7sec mark of this video you can hear it:

Dang, I'm pretty sure my car does this rattle when I do a cold start too. Would it be worth getting a video and sending it to the dealership for them to check?
I did notice some weird "whirring/whistling" noises when accelerating hard enough to engage the turbos and brought it in for that, and they ended up replacing the oil pump but the noise is still there just a bit quieter. not sure what to do now

·
Registered
27 Posts
Dang, I'm pretty sure my car does this rattle when I do a cold start too. Would it be worth getting a video and sending it to the dealership for them to check?
I did notice some weird "whirring/whistling" noises when accelerating hard enough to engage the turbos and brought it in for that, and they ended up replacing the oil pump but the noise is still there just a bit quieter. not sure what to do now
Yeah I would, especially if it bothers you. For me I really didn't notice any other negatives aside from that cold start noise, but figured it would be better to get it handled under warranty early. Probably just in my head, but it felt stronger on acceleration after I had it done too

·
Registered
40 Posts
After a month of owning my 2017 Q60 3.0 premium, add me to the list...
Miles: 27,600
Bank 1 turbo only
Bone stock
Symptoms were rattle at cold start, squeel/whistle under heavy throttle, occasional lack of power (felt like the turbos didn't wanna kick in). Tried to get them to replace both but they said the other one is fine and Infiniti requires them to send them all failing parts for inspection, but that it's covered under the longer powertrain warranty anyway....

41 - 60 of 62 Posts