Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Douchebag shades on the back of his head. "19.5 inches wide wheels on the rear, 19 inches wide on the front." Bahahahahahahaha

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
I thought this was a cool explanation of Dynamic Sunstone Red at 2:20 in the video...
Have to give him credit for trying and succeeding in doing a pretty good job despite making a few mistakes. He knows a heck of a lot more than 90% of the current crop of salespeople whose livelihood entails selling cars. Thanks Garnoch.

Btw, any news on your car? Still waiting for word on mine.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have to give him credit for trying and succeeding in doing a pretty good job despite making a few mistakes. He knows a heck of a lot more than 90% of the current crop of salespeople whose livelihood entails selling cars. Thanks Garnoch.

Btw, any news on your car? Still waiting for word on mine.
Yeah I got a kick out of a lot of what he said. It was cool to see the raw paint though.

As for my car, the dealer called about a month or so ago and told me delivery was estimated to be the end of January, give or take a week. I haven't bothered checking in with them, but I'll admit that every day I check Infiniti's main website and look at my dealer's inventory in order to check the In Transit Q60s haha. Nothing yet.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Yeah I got a kick out of a lot of what he said. It was cool to see the raw paint though.

As for my car, the dealer called about a month or so ago and told me delivery was estimated to be the end of January, give or take a week. I haven't bothered checking in with them, but I'll admit that every day I check Infiniti's main website and look at my dealer's inventory in order to check the In Transit Q60s haha. Nothing yet.
Cool. I hope it comes in on schedule. The wait is killing me and other OEMs are stepping up their game.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Came for the video, stayed for the comments. :D He's definitely more knowledgeable than most car salesmen I've come across. If you ask the average sale person about the Q60 color, they'll just say it's red.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have this color Q60 and, for sure, it is 'copper' under the hood. Not knowing anything about painting techniques I assumed it was a base coat and something else was sprayed over it to make it Dynamic Sunstone Red. Would 7 layers of clear coat really change the color so dramatically?? Any paint experts here?

Garnoch- continue to check the dealer inventory online, but FYI the car might show up in the "on the lot" inventory well before it is actually there. In my case it showed as being there 3 weeks before it was actually there. It never appeared as "in transit". I also noticed that the main Infiniti national website with the dealer listings was sometimes very different from the local dealer's website.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I never realized jeans would stain white leather - right now I'm wearing a jacket because it's cold in the northeast.

Any thoughts as to how I protect my leather for when the weather warms up?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ah thanks for the tip, Z74Q60.

Jack, I didn't realize that either and usually wear jeans so hearing that concerned me too.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
One thing the salesman neglected to mention is that the Dynamic Sunstone Red has Tinted clear coat as noted in the survey from Infiniti that I just filled out.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Thanks, Bevo. That I can accept!

Reactions: Bevo Horn

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Thanks, Bevo. That I can accept!
Infiniti was curious if folks would like to pay extra for Tinted clear coat in other colors in addition to the Dynamic Sunstone Red .

Reactions: Z74Q60 and Q602B

·
Registered
175 Posts
Infiniti was curious if folks would like to pay extra for Tinted clear coat in other colors in addition to the Dynamic Sunstone Red .
Would subscribe to this process for the Hagane Blue.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Would subscribe to this process for the Hagane Blue.
If only the Hagane Blue came with the red interior. But Hagane Blue with a tinted clear coat would be very interesting and quite awesome looking.

That is until someone crashed into your baby and the dealership had to wait months because they have no way matching both the paint and now the tinted clear coat. I already think it's going to be an exercise in futility to match the dynamic sunstone red paint if it's needed for any reason. I hope the dealership body/paint shops are figuring out how they will better support their customers.

I remember how difficult a time bodyshops had with the super silver color on the GTR. The dynamic red is leagues more complex in comparison.

·
Registered
175 Posts
If only the Hagane Blue came with the red interior.
I talked to the Passport Infiniti's General Manager at their new Suitland, MD store a couple of weeks ago. I asked how likely it is to customize the options to my liking.

When I'm ready (hopefully next year), I want Hagane Blue w/Monaco Red Interior and the carbo fiber accents. The GM told me that it was possible to get it customized from Infiniti, but it would come at a premium and that the build would take much longer.

Fine by me...that's what I want. And, just maybe in a year or so...the Q60 Black Sport, or IPL, or whatever it is they want to call it would be available. I will option it to my liking.

But of course, the GM could be blowing smoke.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
I talked to the Passport Infiniti's General Manager at their new Suitland, MD store a couple of weeks ago. I asked how likely it is to customize the options to my liking.

When I'm ready (hopefully next year), I want Hagane Blue w/Monaco Red Interior and the carbo fiber accents. The GM told me that it was possible to get it customized from Infiniti, but it would come at a premium and that the build would take much longer.

Fine by me...that's what I want. And, just maybe in a year or so...the Q60 Black Sport, or IPL, or whatever it is they want to call it would be available.
Yeah, any combination not offered on Infiniti's website is going to put you at the end of the build line, if it even happens. I'm sure the dealership will be happy to accept a deposit. :D

Reactions: Q602B
1 - 16 of 16 Posts