Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crashed front end with $11k worth of damage. Everything is fine but my coolant from my auxiliary tank keeps emptying into main tank?
I have air lifted and checked pressure multiple times and it keeps emptying. There are no leaks and car is not overheating. I cannot figure it out. Not sure if one of the 2 pumps may not be working?? Any input helps

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Those two reservoirs are for two separate functions. The "Main Tank" is the engine cooling system over-flow/reserve tank, while the "Auxillary Tank" is for the Intercooler fluid for the air-to-water Intercoolers, which are those rectangular boxes under the engine cover.

The Intercooler system has a single pump for the 300-hp VR30s, and two pumps, a primary and secondary, for the 400-hp VR30s, and the IC pump(s) are controlled by the ECM.

So if these two coolant bottles are sharing piping anywhere, you got bigger problems.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the information….. I hope there isn’t anything completely ruined due to this…. Everything seems to be ok. Thanks again I will run through everything and check all the hoses

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,622 Posts
Thanks again I will run through everything and check all the hoses
Check your owner's manual too for the proper procedure for checking both coolant reservoirs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts