• Convertible Q60

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Q60 Coupe

Votes: 6 85.7%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
I plan on just going with the coupe model. I don't require the convertible option. The convertible Q60 would be nice but I will be using it for driving all year round so it might not hold the heat good in the winter.

·
Registered
40 Posts
It really depends, I like the convertible but its not as practical as a full roofed coupe. The roof can be prone to tearing over time. I don't want to have to deal with the hassle of replacing the top. If I had the luxury of having two vehicles to drive then the Q60 convertible would be good as a good second leisure vehicle.

·
Registered
63 Posts
No interest in the Convertible Q60 at this time. Sounds like there are more things that might need to repair int eh future and being out of warranty when it does might hurt the bank. I'll just play it safe. Plus security wise I think it would be safer to get a coupe versus convertible.

·
Registered
500 Posts
It really depends, I like the convertible but its not as practical as a full roofed coupe. The roof can be prone to tearing over time. I don't want to have to deal with the hassle of replacing the top. If I had the luxury of having two vehicles to drive then the Q60 convertible would be good as a good second leisure vehicle.
add leaking to that, i know some people have issues with their convertible tops that don't seal properly, some leak. But I haven't heard of it happening to Infinti's that often, seems rare with them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Coupe all the way. Where I live the convertible feature would only be able to be used 4 months out of the year. Plus I prefer the look of the hardtop coupe.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Coupe will win by a landslide at least when it comes to forums. Enthusiasts like their hard tops much more than convertibles.

·
Registered
25 Posts
You can't go wrong with the conventional hardtop. convertibles are ok but just something about It just steers me the wrong way plus how durable is the top during cold weather conditions.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Coupe big time, convertibles loose a touch of driving dynamics because of rigidity and weight..
The biggest effects of a convertible the rigidity is huge for loosing out the B and c pillars Not to mention you loose top speed with the top down conflicting with aerodynamics. and the biggest issue is the extra weight of the convertible top motor.

·
Registered
63 Posts
add leaking to that, i know some people have issues with their convertible tops that don't seal properly, some leak. But I haven't heard of it happening to Infinti's that often, seems rare with them.
Overtime the seals turn brittle and don't form around to seal properly. This is something expected but to prolong them, proper scheduled maintenance should make them last longer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts