Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Q60 Red Sport 400 was delivered last month with a crack in the lower screen. It was very subtle but the salesperson noticed it and had service order a new one. Had it installed this week. Interestingly, the story is that this has been a recurring problem with this screen and the batch of replacement screens shipped to the dealer included pre-cracked ones. Service advisor indicated that the new one may crack and that Infiniti would continue to replace it as needed until Infiniti fixed the problem.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My lower screen was initially fine. During the initial detailing by the dealer, they took the screen protector off and were wiping the screen of dust and caused a super light scratch (lower screen is extremely sensitive and fragile)

They replaced it with a new one. It was fine initially.
Now that the temperature is over 100 degrees, it cracked again.

Will be taking it in for a replacement. The lower screen is extremely poor quality material.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
I had heard about a bad batch of screens so it could just be that the screens came from that batch. Given the screen has been in production since 2014 give or take, I would hope it was just a bad batch and not a fragile glass being used. Maybe they could look into using Gorilla Glass or Sapphire when they redesign...then again maybe they could just stick a better overall system in there so I don't have to wait for it to respond while wondering if it registered my touch on the screen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts