Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: Garnoch

·
Registered
312 Posts
Thanks, man. Ordered the sunscreen. I have a "custom" fitted cover for my '67 Mustang but I wouldn't call it custom. Its not from Covercraft though. After you try yours, can you let us know how you like the fit?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, man. Ordered the sunscreen. I have a "custom" fitted cover for my '67 Mustang but I wouldn't call it custom. Its not from Covercraft though. After you try yours, can you let us know how you like the fit?
This is the second cover I've purchased from them. Fit is awesome. They make individual covers for each trim level of the Q60. Sunscreen his heavy duty and a great custom fit.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Pics or it didn't happen.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Sorry for the dim lighting but the main garage lights put a glare on the glass.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
The sad thing is 85% transmittance tint with high UV and IR blocking in the 95+% range is almost just as effective as these, except work all the time even when you're driving, but because laws are retarded and don't keep up with nanotech are technically illegal in most states -_-

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There are tiny gaps on the sides and some light comes through near the mirror, but you won't find a better fit, and they're high quality. Mine is the silver color.
I wish you would have told me you were going to post these. Then I wouldn't have bothered :D

Reactions: 1701-64D

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The sad thing is 85% transmittance tint with high UV and IR blocking in the 95+% range is almost just as effective as these, except work all the time even when you're driving, but because laws are retarded and don't keep up with nanotech are technically illegal in most states -_-
But the sunscreens are insulated and may block more heat.

·
Registered
90 Posts
But the sunscreens are insulated and may block more heat.
Have you experienced high IR blocking tint? You can sit there with the sun beating in the front windshield with 85% transmittance tint and it feels like you're in the shade even with the car off, practically nothing gets through, the 40% transmittance I have on my side windows are like 99.5% IR blocking, as far as letting heat in they might as well be solid.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Have you experienced high IR blocking tint? You can sit there with the sun beating in the front windshield with 85% transmittance tint and it feels like you're in the shade even with the car off, practically nothing gets through, the 40% transmittance I have on my side windows are like 99.5% IR blocking, as far as letting heat in they might as well be solid.
In Texas the air is hot too.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sun covers won't help much with hot air either, that heat is getting into the car between the cover and the windshield and will eventually leak out, plus the windshield cover only covers the windshield so the hot air will heat the roof and doors and other windows same as always, will just prevent the internal baking effect from happening as quickly. The cover will be moderately better than the tinted glass but like I said, tinted glass is always there so there's not putting it on or taking it off and it prevents you being cooked by the sun beating in your window even with the AC blasting at a east or west facing stop light in the middle of june.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sun covers won't help much with hot air either, that heat is getting into the car between the cover and the windshield and will eventually leak out, plus the windshield cover only covers the windshield so the hot air will heat the roof and doors and other windows same as always, will just prevent the internal baking effect from happening as quickly. The cover will be moderately better than the tinted glass but like I said, tinted glass is always there so there's not putting it on or taking it off and it prevents you being cooked by the sun beating in your window even with the AC blasting at a east or west facing stop light in the middle of june.
I'd like to see a tint test in Texas. See how long you could keep your hand on the dash

1 - 20 of 30 Posts