Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before blowing $1250 on these rotors, look at these pics of how mine arrived. It appears that the rear rotor did not have sufficient padding between them, resulting in the front rotor bolts rubbing and damaging the hub portion of the rear rotor.

I contacted Z1 by email on 7/24/17 with pics showing the damage. . . . .so far no response.

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great news!

Z1 Motorsports has handled my issue promptly within minutes of posting this thread.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
My hope is Z1 Motorsports changes their packaging to prevent damage on future shipments, since I plan to order a set of these rotors sometime later this year.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sh*t happens when stuff gets mailed. I had one Z1 rotor that was damaged in shipping and they took care of them. Great customer service.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I received my two-piece front & rear rotors last Thursday (9/14).

Like in Morpheous' case, both rear rotor hats were damaged, except in my case on the front face, by the front rotor placed on top of the hats during shipping. The front rotor bolt shanks dug-into the edges of the rear hats. The flat Styrofoam sheet placed between the two rotors proved no match for the shipment process. My recommendation is if they place two rotors in one box, they stack them back-to-back, with a cardboard sheet sandwiched by two foams sheets in between.

Anyways, I called Z1 on Saturday, and they are sending me new replacement rear hats, as the rotor rings are undamaged. While I was encouraged by their response to make things right, I'd rather R&R the hats myself than go through the logistics of sending the rotor assemblies back, potentially risk another shipment issue, etc.

On a positive note, the fronts are installed. Each front rotor is indeed 10 lbs lighter than it stock predecessor. While I'd prefer solid-faced rotors (they are only available for the fronts???), the rears were only available in either slotted, drilled & slotted, or sprinkle slotted, so I chose the sprinkle slotted for fr & rr.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Y'all let us know how much your lap times have dropped. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts