Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

All the information I can find online or videos are about RS being tuned but I don't see any Q60 3.0T Luxe video or topic.

If I want to tune my Q60 2017, what are my options? What power do I expect to get from 300 HP? Also, do I need to add other parts as well that are missing from the RS version?

For example, I assume I would need good sport brakes as well.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
If I want to tune my Q60 2017, what are my options? What power do I expect to get from 300 HP? Also, do I need to add other parts as well that are missing from the RS version?
The 300-hp VR30 engine is the same as the 400-hp VR30 engine except:
  • The 400-hp turbos have optical sensors for feedback to the ECU to control max boost, which is 14.5 psi., vs 8 psi of the non-Red Sport turbos. Otherwise, the turbos on the 300-hp are the same.
  • The 400-hp VR30 has a 2nd Intercooler Water Pump.
  • The 400-hp rear differential has a 3.133 final drive ratio vs the 2.937 final drive ratio of the non-Red Sports.
Your tuning options are the same as the Red Sport - Burger Tuning JB4, which is a "piggy-back" boost controller, or a flash tune, available from Ecutek, UpRev, or HPTuners. If you are concerned about your 6-yr/70k mile Powertrain Warranty, then the BT JB4 is a good choice. You can add options such as Bluetooth (highly recommend), fuel wires, and Wastegate (EWG) control, and Water/Methanol Injection (WMI) control. Your best forum for JB4 discussion:

Infiniti Q50 Q60 VR30DDTT - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

Before committing to a tune, un-cork the stock exhaust with a quality CBE (Fast Intentions, ARK, Invidia, etc.) as well as Lower Downpipes (LDPs), which replace the secondary cats (unless you are a California resident) from FI, AMS, etc.

Overall, with the right mods, your 300-hp VR30 can make similar power levels of the 400-hp VR30.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
  • The 400-hp turbos have optical sensors for feedback to the ECU to control max boost, which is 14.5 psi., vs 8 psi of the non-Red Sport turbos. Otherwise, the turbos on the 300-hp are the same.
  • The 400-hp rear differential has a 3.133 final drive ratio vs the 2.937 final drive ratio of the non-Red Sports.
Your tuning options are the same as the Red Sport - Burger Tuning JB4, which is a "piggy-back" boost controller, or a flash tune, available from Ecutek, UpRev, or HPTuners. If you are concerned about your 6-yr/70k mile Powertrain Warranty, then the BT JB4 is a good choice. You can add options such as Bluetooth (highly recommend), fuel wires, and Wastegate (EWG) control, and Water/Methanol Injection (WMI) control. Your best forum for JB4 discussion:

Before committing to a tune, un-cork the stock exhaust with a quality CBE (Fast Intentions, ARK, Invidia, etc.) as well as Lower Downpipes (LDPs), which replace the secondary cats (unless you are a California resident) from FI, AMS, etc.

Overall, with the right mods, your 300-hp VR30 can make similar power levels of the 400-hp VR30.
Thanks a lot for your comment! Very informative! Yeah I have car warranty extended to 2023 so I do not want to mess with that. I guess I'll need someone experienced in Canada (Quebec-Ontario) to do that for me. I'll be having a look at the link you mentioned :)

·
Premium Member
2018 Infiniti Q60 SS
18 Posts
Tuning will be 99% the same. You can monitor turbo speeds on the red sports which you can’t do on the premiums and the red sports flow more coolant through the heat exchanger which would be more noticeable in summer months and on back to back runs. Other than that, the programming is the exact same for both cars through ECUTEK.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

@IridiumRS400 when I get the JB4, do you suggest me to get the BMS High Capacity Intercooler Heat Exchanger and BMS Billet Intake, Dual Performance Filters, and Mounting Hardware?

Regarding the exhaust I don't really like having loud cars tbh..

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
do you suggest me to get the BMS High Capacity Intercooler Heat Exchanger and BMS Billet Intake, Dual Performance Filters, and Mounting Hardware?

Regarding the exhaust I don't really like having loud cars tbh..
If you are in a high temperature climate AND you are making 6-8 more psi boost w/JB4, the heat exchanger is a must.

The intakes, performance wise, will not add much to power output, as the stock panel filters with cold air ducted from the radiator shroud is fairly efficient.

Depending how emissions are in your country, you could at least get lower downpipes for your Q, and keep the stock exhaust. The secondary catalytic converters, which are for cold-start emissions only, and are typically removed and replaced by lower downpipes, are the biggest bottleneck in the stock exhaust.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you are in a high temperature climate AND you are making 6-8 more psi boost w/JB4, the heat exchanger is a must.

The intakes, performance wise, will not add much to power output, as the stock panel filters with cold air ducted from the radiator shroud is fairly efficient.

Depending how emissions are in your country, you could at least get lower downpipes for your Q, and keep the stock exhaust. The secondary catalytic converters, which are for cold-start emissions only, and are typically removed and replaced by lower downpipes, are the biggest bottleneck in the stock exhaust.
I live in Canada so I believe I need the secondary catalytic converters for the cold-start.

So basically I need heat exchanger for the summer, LDPs from FI or AMS and JB4.

Do I also need Wastegate (EWG) control, and Water/Methanol Injection (WMI) control?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts