Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From my experience, this also looks like a body control module, is built onto this thing, as well as the HVAC controls. What I’m trying to figure out is what the differences between a 2018 and 2021, where a 2021 can receive a software update, but a 2018 cat to get Apple CarPlay. I also know that the 2018 uses 3G, and was just wondering if I could if I found one, plug the face plate from a 2021 into my 2018 and make it work, for CarPlay and other things.

·
Registered
12 Posts
2020 and before use an old generation of InTouch. I wrote about it in this thread on the q50 forums. Basically, the system is split into about 4 modules. The DCU (top screen), and the AV deck which contains the AC Auto Amp, AV control unit (audio switcher/base amp), NAVI control unit (runs Windows CE, really garbage), and telematics control unit. Also the BOSE amp in the trunk if you have that. Thankfully, only the DCU/AVCU/Nav have changed.

The new system is just the AV control unit, with a dumb screen on the top. Don't just buy one and plug in the matching connectors though, because the entire pinout has changed. There are 12v signal lines like reverse on the stock harness that are now pinned to things like audio preamp output which I am sure would fry something. My harness essentially maps these pins correctly, and then converts CAN signals that have changed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts