Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, considering a 2017 Q60 or Q50 beside a Ford Mustang or Audi S4. Potentially I like the Solar Mica color. Problem is: I can't find any reasonable pictures of that color. The images I found online go from totally dull ocher to very overbright gold. Can anybody post good pictures of Solar Mica? Preferrably something shot with a real camera that writes Exif data into the image. I could then use image processing software to correct white balance etc. to get a least a somehow useful impression. Unfortunately there is also no printed material or a stock car available here in Europe. It makes a decision really difficult. Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Infinity, thanks for posting the image.
I have seen it already. I am not sure if it is a suitable representation of the color. See the zoom. Resolution is so low and jpg artifacts are so high. This seems to be the price we have to pay for mobile phone camera times.
The downloadable PDF is also not really helpful to interpred the color. I even asked Infiniti whether they have something. No, was the answer. I don't understand why they make such good looking cars but don't represent them in all the available colors. Especially in Europe where there are only a few dealers with very limited stock.

Attachments

·
Registered
500 Posts
Hopefully no one here has already decided on this color from just looking at it through this picture or any picture online, seeing it in person under different lighting is a must, very hard to capture the complexities of these colors with a regular camera and regular lighting, even the variation in tones.

·
Registered
591 Posts
It may become a leap of faith if you really want the Solar Mica paint, don't think anyone on the forum has one and social platform pictures are hard to find.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts