Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been tinkering with the idea of removing my roof antenna (shark fin). I want to wrap the roof but I also find it looks a little cleaner without the antenna.

I know that it aids in radio/data reception within the car but for anyone that's actually removed it and left it off, have you noticed if your cell service/radio/satellite radio/anything really has diminished without it on?

If anyone has pictures with it removed, send em over! :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
337 Posts
It's the sat radio antenna. If you use that I wouldn't take it off. It should have zero effect on anything else you mentioned.

Edit: Also, you'd have to fill the hole it would leave in your roof.

Reactions: Pawndas

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,894 Posts
If anyone has pictures with it removed, send em over!
You may be the first to remove it. It has nothing to do with phone service, however, it's how the car receives GPS, AM/FM radio, and Satellite radio. I think Intouch has been discontinued so if you crash the car no one's going to automatically check on you.

Reactions: Pawndas

·
Registered
189 Posts
I got the letter saying that Intouch was going to be cancelled in the near future and decided to call and cancel now since they seemed to say that it could go to a more expensive monthly fee without notice?? After a discussion with customer service I cancelled and since then I have received several offers to keep it going month to month. I did not bite. I think it finally goes away by February 2022. I did like the idea that they might be able to find me in a ditch somewhere. Oh, well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wow I actually called the, the other day to try and set it up … they didn’t mention a grunt about it shutting down. What a waste …

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,894 Posts
Wow I actually called the, the other day to try and set it up … they didn’t mention a grunt about it shutting down. What a waste …
I think it's a 3G system. 3G is going bye bye

1 - 6 of 6 Posts