Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was ready to buy a TPMS tool to do our usual twice-yearly swap of wheels and tires on Grandma's Q60 RS400 AWD.

We have an inexpensive Ford tool (just a trigger really) and I was grumbling about how much the OBD-II equivalent was going to cost for the Infiniti.

So, I read on the Q50 forum, and on a Nissan forum, that late-model Nissan/Infiniti cars automatically "relearn" the TPMS sensors. True or false?

I decided not to wait for cold and snow before testing this theory.

When we bought the car, we included four additional OEM wheels and four Michelin X-Ice studless snow tires in the purchase price. (We have used Blizzaks on several cars for many years, and of the competitors I've tried, I liked the X-Ice.) The dealer mounted and balanced the winter wheels and tires, with OEM TPMS.

Today I swapped the winter wheels and tires onto the car, and went for a drive. It took two or three miles for the new sensors to pop up on the display. Subsequent trips had similar results. I'd say the theory looks pretty good.

I'll update this post if there are any surprises later.

Grandpa

·
Registered
37 Posts
I was ready to buy a TPMS tool to do our usual twice-yearly swap of wheels and tires on Grandma's Q60 RS400 AWD.

We have an inexpensive Ford tool (just a trigger really) and I was grumbling about how much the OBD-II equivalent was going to cost for the Infiniti.

So, I read on the Q50 forum, and on a Nissan forum, that late-model Nissan/Infiniti cars automatically "relearn" the TPMS sensors. True or false?

I decided not to wait for cold and snow before testing this theory.

When we bought the car, we included four additional OEM wheels and four Michelin X-Ice studless snow tires in the purchase price. (We have used Blizzaks on several cars for many years, and of the competitors I've tried, I liked the X-Ice.) The dealer mounted and balanced the winter wheels and tires, with OEM TPMS.

Today I swapped the winter wheels and tires onto the car, and went for a drive. It took two or three miles for the new sensors to pop up on the display. Subsequent trips had similar results. I'd say the theory looks pretty good.

I'll update this post if there are any surprises later.

Grandpa
It has been verified that OEM 40700-3JA0B and VDO Redi Sensor SE55556 will in fact auto connect to our vehicles. I am not so sure about other aftermarket sensors however.

·
Registered
95 Posts
In my experience with my Q50, it can take as long as a week. But works reliably.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts