Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to replace the yellow Door Puddle lights with a white LED. I'm looking to more closely match the color of the external ground lighting package. Any specific recommendations and places to buy them?

Also, it looks like there are no overhead reading lights in the back seat. Am I correct on this?

Thanks in Advance,
Dan

·
Registered
591 Posts
Rear seats will definitely be cramped for larger adults, but that's the compromise you make to get such a stylish car. Better to use what you would have spent on the overhead reading lights for the puddle lights.

There's some puddle lights out there with fun designs if you have a bit more to spend on them. :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
On the Q50 forum there's an old thread with a link to a nice ebay one that has led and the infiniti logo. I have a set, they look cool.

Reactions: Coahman and Dan

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yup that's the size
Thanks. I will try these off Amazn: Philips 194 Bright White Interior Vision LED light (Pack of 2). 6000k, but most reviewers are saying they are really 5000k~5500k, which should be white and no blue.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Thanks. I will try these off Amazn: Philips 194 Bright White Interior Vision LED light (Pack of 2). 6000k, but most reviewers are saying they are really 5000k~5500k, which should be white and no blue.
Can you post here after you install them? I'll order a set if they look good.

·
Registered
250 Posts
What's the best way to pop the clear cover off these puddle lights? I have the LED bulbs, but there's no obvious place to insert a screwdriver. I don't want to mangle anything.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I used a screwdriver covered with a rag. it just pops out real easy.

Reactions: 1701-64D

·
Registered
327 Posts
Which T10s are people putting in there? Cause I know some LEDs are much longer than others with the same base so I'm kind of curious as to what would fit and what wouldn't

·
Registered
77 Posts
Infiniti Q50 Technical & Operational Blog: Infiniti Q50 LED DIY Conversion

I used a plastic flat interior trim tool to remove the lights. The light housing pops out easily, then pry 2 plastic tabs up and that will let you unhook the clear lens from all 4 tabs. Pull the old bulb out, install the new one, if it doesn't work turn the bulb 180'.

These lights look white (no blue as far as I can tell, if they were I would remove them - I hate when they're blue!), even whiter than the map lights and external ground lighting that I have installed... Still plenty of day light out, so I'll get a better look tonight. In any case, looks better than the yellow lights that came stock!

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just installed my bulbs. The housing pops right out with a screwdriver and a rag. Much brighter and cleaner look. Nice improvement.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts