Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone actually found out how to properly slide this thing? I did the VDC button plus the break pedal button method, in sport+. Did a burnout to lose traction earlier and start fish tailing right away but the car still corrects. This is annoying me as id love to drift this car.

This is a RWD Red sport. Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s 2019. But I only pressed the left button above the brake pedal. Should I press both? It seems like it might be the LSD catching.

·
Registered
165 Posts
It’s 2019. But I only pressed the left button above the brake pedal. Should I press both? It seems like it might be the LSD catching.
You don't have an LSD, its an open diff. I forget which button under the brake pedal is which but 1 of them will turn on a 2nd traction control light on the dash to tell you its fully off when held, the other is just the brake light switch. I have a traction concepts LSD upgrade that converts the open diff to an LSD. But even before I could get the car to drift.

https://www.infinitiq50.org/forum/engine-technical-discussion/127519-low-cost-lsd-upgrade-q50-q60-install-w-pics.html

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah. It was just strange because both tires spun off the burnout, but as I went to initiate some oversteer one tire quickly stopped spinning and it turned into a one tire burnout driving in circles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ah. It was just strange because both tires spun off the burnout, but as I went to initiate some oversteer one tire quickly stopped spinning and it turned into a one tire burnout driving in circles.
That's because without steering input your tires must have had very similar resistance to turning, so the car spun them both. As soon as you went to turn, your weight transferred to the outside tire (you can visualize this with body roll) and it became much more difficult to spin the outside tire than the inside tire. Then, because it's an open diff, all of the torque transferred to the inside tire, and it was the only one that spun as the outside slowed down.

Nothing a welder can't fix >:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All fun and games with a welded diff until it’s time to park. Lol.

I saw this video of a review on this car and these guys were letting the car spin free with no problems. That’s why i’m so stuck on this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts