Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Q60RS yesterday but have been reading the forums in my spare time since I was interested in the vehicle. Some folks are saying the car defaults to "standard" mode each time the car is started so they have to select sport or sport+ each time they get in and drive.

I checked the settings of my "standard" mode and find that you can select engine/transmission "sport" as an option, as well as chassis, and one other option and what you select saves as your "standard" mode.

Meaning each time I start my car, it is in "standard" mode, but my engine/transmission setting is in "sport." I haven't changed the suspension setting in "standard" mode yet but assume it will also save as part of standard mode.

I haven't seen that mentioned here.

This will save people from having to toggle the drive mode selector each time as standard mode can be tailored to your liking.

Question though - is there a difference between actual "sport" or "sport+" with drive mode selector vs setting up standard mode with these options enabled?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I believe what you are looking at are the settings that are applied when you set it to personal.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Negative, my standard mode has "sport" selected for engine/transmission. I checked it 3 times yesterday. You can customize "standard" mode.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Negative, my standard mode has "sport" selected for engine/transmission. I checked it 3 times yesterday. You can customize "standard" mode.

Well it appears that you must have a special edition Q60 because you cannot program standard mode. You can only set up personal mode.

If I'm wrong, please walk me through the process.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will look at it once I get home and take a picture. Are you accessing by using the lower screen and touching "Infiniti Drive Mode Selector" icon? That is where I found my standard mode and options to change the settings for it.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Godfather, if I'm understanding it correctly, making changes in the "Infiniti Drive Mode Selector" adjusts the settings but those settings only fine tune the "Personal" drive mode. I've been operating under the same thinking this entire time that I was personalizing each mode to some effect (which is why I've been thinking I had the steering in sport+ mode for all the drive modes).

It explains why I still felt the car was twitchy in standard mode causing me to switch up to sport+ or personal most of the time. It kinda sucks tbh but now I know, it's not a big deal for me to move the switch up 4 clicks when I get in.

Good news!!...I learned something new today on the forums :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL yes gents I was confused in thinking that because I was currently in "standard" mode when I accessed the Infiniti Drive Mode icon from the lower screen that it displayed the current settings of THAT setting. I see that only customizes "personal" mode now! Oh well, thought I was on to something! Lol... thanks fellas for clearing this up!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had the same issue with the Drive Mode Selector with my 2014 Q50 Hybrid.

As soon as I get in and start my Q60RS I set the smart cruise control and Technology package on the Steering Wheel and then select Sport or Sport+

It is as automatic as pressing the start button.

·
Registered
153 Posts
The drive mode selector in the QX60 SUV that my wife drives is a knob that turns and stays on your selection.

I can't imagine what infiniti was thinking when they did the drive mode selector in the Q60 coupe. There must be a reason to there madness but I can't figure it out.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
I remember the day that every time I wanted to be in 4th gear, I had to let off the gas, push another pedal, move a lever, release that pedal and push the gas again. Oh the humanity!

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Maybe if enough people gripe about it, they may change it or allow some level of personalization (maybe triggered to a certain key fobs) but who knows. I read somewhere that it starts in standard with everything off due to regulations - for those drivers that basically don't remember how they left the car after the last ride (or know how someone else left it..etc) - so drivers aren't taken by surprise or expect something else from their car which causes them to get into an accident.

I'm sure there are folks that get in their car and just drive. I know I only turn on the safety suite if I have to drive a long distance...no point using it in my regular commute.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I remember the day that every time I wanted to be in 4th gear, I had to let off the gas, push another pedal, move a lever, release that pedal and push the gas again. Oh the humanity!
True bevo, lol

Reactions: Bevo Horn
1 - 15 of 15 Posts