Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for people that have posted about headlight issues.

BLUF: Driver-side headlight has burnt out. Both high and low beams and blinker are not functioning. The white trim DOES illuminate. Seeking replacement options and advise.

BACKGROUND:
Last winter (live in Virginia, my area very mild winters with almost no snow) I noticed moisture had gotten into the driverside headlight and didn't think much about it. Initially I had no issues. However, one day I noticed the lights were no longer working. A couple days later they started working again. This cycled for a while until about January when it went out for the last time (RIP Mr. Light). Again wasn't proactive and this is what's haunting me. I final took action in April when I went to get my car inspected and they failed it for the lights, required in the State of Virginia.

I finally got around to calling Infiniti to check on my warrantee and it expired in February. FML.... Then I asked how much it would cost to replace and the insanity came out of something ridiculous of 2000+. I thus began the 7 stages of grieving (shock & denial, pain & guilt, anger & bargaining, depression, reflection, loneliness) I am calling on you Q60 nation to help provide Acceptance and Hope!!!!

TROUBLESHOOTING Thus
I went to AutoZone and worked with an employee.

-No Change- Swapped out the daytime running circuit break with a new one
-No Change- Swapped out the headlight relay located in the battery compartment

Options:
1) F it and pay to get it fixed. If so any suggestions on where to go in the Hampton, VA area? Do I need to get a diagnostic from a mechanic prior?

2) Find the part online and hire someone/do it myself. What's your best suggestion to find a headlight assembly and how not to get scammed? Junkyard, ebay, vender. BTW the Infinite dealer said just the part costs $1,800, quote from today. Are there aftermarket lights that can be installed? Something cooler that is not as expensive?

3) Find an extended warrantee for the vehicle that covers the headlight. Anyone know what company to call or suggestions on coverage? I have attempted to call Infiniti but I can't get ahold of the guy in India. Most worthless call center I have attempted to call.

4) Sell it and buy a pink VW with eyelashes on the headlights.

5) (Most Likely) Drive it to the shady part of town, leave the keys in it, and park it. I'll then go on an extended vacation and wait until the police call to inform me the car had been stolen and been involved in a series of violent crimes. When back they'll show me my car was set a blaze and totaled. Hopefully my insurance covers the loss.

Appreciate the help in advance Q60 nation and hoping someone might have some BRIGHT ideas on how to achieve Hope and Acceptance. Please feel free to share!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
1,898 Posts
2) Find the part online and hire someone/do it myself. What's your best suggestion to find a headlight assembly and how not to get scammed? Junkyard, ebay, vender. BTW the Infinite dealer said just the part costs $1,800, quote from today. Are there aftermarket lights that can be installed? Something cooler that is not as expensive?
Here's the best online price (non-adaptive option) I could find with a couple minutes of effort:

Infiniti Q60 Headlight (Left) - 26075-5CH0A | Lia INFINITI, Cohoes NY

Font Parallel Screenshot Number Rectangle

I'm not aware of any aftermarket companies producing a replacement "cooler" headlight design.

Reactions: testrage

·
Super Moderator
2,151 Posts
Fixed your poll ;). Personally, I say go pink VW but it has to be a convertible soft top!!

You don't say how many miles your Infiniti has so I don't know how close it was to running out of the b2b warranty. You may be able to work with your Infiniti dealer directly and get them to cover some or all of the replacement cost depending on how far outside of warranty you are...best bet is probably to just pick something in good condition off eBay and fix it yourself though.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
1,898 Posts
Gotta say... the OP's alias is very, eh, one-dimensional.

I wonder if WTFbeltshredded, WTFturbowhistles, or WTFcoolantbyebye will be the OP's next selection?:unsure:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fixed your poll ;). Personally, I say go pink VW but it has to be a convertible soft top!!

You don't say how many miles your Infiniti has so I don't know how close it was to running out of the b2b warranty. You may be able to work with your Infiniti dealer directly and get them to cover some or all of the replacement cost depending on how far outside of warranty you are...best bet is probably to just pick something in good condition off eBay and fix it yourself though.
55304, good call on the soft top, need to own my shame

Sleeve Art Brick Event Beard

·
Registered
712 Posts
There's also a fuse in that same battery compartment. I'm assuming you also looked at those fuses on the driver's side near the front of the engine bay too, correct? Lastly, could also be the "ballast," or whatever the correct term is for it underneath the actual headlight assembly. It's a silver square-shaped piece maybe like 3"x3". I'm honestly not sure what the part number is on those. I've had headlight issues too and one of those two would typically fix my problem. Honestly, you could have the dealer diagnose it for you and if it's a fuse like I think it is...it should be less than $200 to fix.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts