1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
228 Posts
Wow, I didn't see this coming, i'm impressed. Finally Infiniti has come around with a true performance sedan. Now I just wonder how well it will do when put up against the BMW M3 sedan.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Ok.. So where do I place my deposit down Infiniti?

Seriously.. Take my money NOW!

Does it have the DAS though? 6MT available?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Ok.. So where do I place my deposit down Infiniti?

Seriously.. Take my money NOW!

Does it have the DAS though? 6MT available?
wait for the Q60 to come out and share all this tech and more, it will be all this power and possibly more all in a much cooler shell ;)

hopefully the Q60 won't be heavier like how the G37 coupe was to the G37 sedan.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I really think that Infiniti is going to build this! More of my question is what is it going to cost. Are we thinking around $70,000? Is that what the competitors are going for?

I really think that this model is going to be a great addition to Infinitis line-up.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the problem is that q50 is NOT the car to try and tell people youre serious about performance with

·
Registered
225 Posts
Someone needs to render the Q50 Eau Rouge with some of the Eau Rouge aero parts body colored. All i would ask for is that the top carbon fiber piece be body colored for a cleaner look with everything left carbon fiber.

·
Registered
364 Posts
wait for the Q60 to come out and share all this tech and more, it will be all this power and possibly more all in a much cooler shell ;)

hopefully the Q60 won't be heavier like how the G37 coupe was to the G37 sedan.
I would be perfectly happy to put my deposit down if the sedan came with a 6MT and no DAS.

I wouldn't mind the 2 extra doors.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Same here, but I have no need for the extra passenger room and 2 doors. Plus I always loved how infiniti coupes were styled. There's no doubt they'll deliver something epic, just a matter of time. Can't see myself going for the 4 door model.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Do you think the advent of Hyundai's "N" performance brand had anything to do with Infiniti taking another run at creating a performance division? I mean Infiniti can't have Hyundai showing them up.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i dont think so. Hyundai still hasn't done anything with this N idea. Which i still think is foolish, N for Namyang, yea that screams performance ;)

IPL is just as stupid, I hope they don't call the entire performance brand Eau Rouge now...

whats that?

a Q60 ER..

as in infiniti execs rushed to the emergency room after collapsing into circle jerk fits of delusional legerdemain ;)

·
Registered
108 Posts
I could care less about what Infiniti decides to call its performance brand, I just want them to do a good job of it. I think that IPl is a better name though.

It is going to make the company look weak if they can't follow through with a performance brand ever. They better get it right this time. Especially because their customers would love to have some high performance Infinitis to drive.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I wouldn't say IPL sound stupid, it sounds good to me and many people.
It would be good to see why they decided to change it or add Eau Rouge to the performance line. Hearing their story will help a lot.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh probably, but i think they want every car to be fun to drive. pretty much every BMW/MB/Audi has an exhilaration factor when driving. weather its precise handling, bonkers acceleration or boss status just cruising they all bring something.

Not one single infiniti evokes emotions like that, except the outgoing Q60 coupe...

·
Registered
95 Posts
I was reading that Red Bull Racing which already works with Infiniti wants to be the Infiniti performance brand. So you would buy a Q60 RBR if that were to happen. I'd say that RBR is probably pretty well equipped to tune up Infiniti cars, but i'm not sure if Infiniti wants Red bull branding on all of their performance vehicles.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thats just a marketing gimmick, and very likely end in travesty. How can you build a brand around co sponsorship, what happens when Infiniti and RBR part ways, ANOTHER new name for the performance brand???

·
Registered
225 Posts
Good point. It's likely they'll come up with a new name. I rather they be consistent like BMW and use the same name for decades and never change it. Doesn't seem like that will happen.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
apparently they're back to Eau Rouge now... Q50 Eau Rouge to kick off series of performance Infinitis - Autoblog

Infiniti is desperate to position itself as a brand for performance enthusiast. It's tried to create that impression by attaching its name to the Red Bull Racing team, by sprucing up the G37 Coupe and G37 Convertible as part of its lack-luster Infiniti Performance Line, and by bringing Sebastian Vettel on board to create a special edition FX crossover. But the Japanese luxury brand knows it's going to need something more comprehensive if it's going to go up against BMW and its M models, Mercedes and its AMGs, or Audi and its Quattro GmbH-tuned RS range.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think that Infiniti has some type of problem with names. They reworked their entire range of vehicles' names. That confused people quite a bit. Now they have internet rumors swirling about three different names for their performance line. Seems like Infiniti needs to get better control over its message, and it also needs to actually decide what it is doing.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts