Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys what would be the benefits of getting a ecu reset on Infiniti 2018 q60? I’ve heard that it will basically make your car re learn your driving patterns etc since I bought this car used

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,498 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,498 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,498 Posts
I was asking if anyone knew what the benefits were and if it does re learn your driving habits.
I'd ask the dealer that too. I don't know if anyone has had their ECU reset if the car had no issues.

·
Registered
173 Posts
My dealer did it when I brought my car in for it's first service. It supposedly just allows it to relearn it's shift points/etc according to how you drive. There's no harm from doing it especially if they aren't charging you for it.

Reactions: Bevo Horn

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey guys I’ve been doing some research on resetting the ECU and how it helps with letting the car relearn your driving patterns I’m just wondering if this would be beneficial for someone like me who is more of a spirited driver, also considering that I did buy the car used at 45,000 km wouldn’t it be a good idea to reset it and have it and learn how I drive am I making sense here?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,498 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t
109 Posts
If you take the battery terminal out for like 10 mins, wouldn't it reset?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,498 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
FWIW, a quick way to reset your ECU is to disconnect the battery & discharge the remaining juice in the system by pumping the brakes a few times. I had a G35 back in the day & this did the trick. YMMV

1 - 13 of 13 Posts