Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I would appreciate some insight into some diagnostic steps I can take to repair the electric door lock on 2017 q60 rs. For clarity, the door DOES lock. I can flip it manually and unlock it manually; the locking mechanism works just fine. Its the unlock and lock button, specifically, on the divers side that is not working. I have replaced both fuses for the door locks and the problem persists. Pressing the unlock button on the driver's side unlocks the passenger side just fine, however. The driver's side lock is unresponsive to the button. It seems certain that this is an electronic issue, but replacing the fuse didn't seem to do much? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,894 Posts
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
My guess would be that the electromechanical device that actually flips the lock lever has gone bad.

Reactions: uhMod

·
Registered
77 Posts
I had similar issues on another car. The gears on the door lock actuator had stripped, and that kept the lock from locking any way but manually.

·
Registered
2022 Q60 Red Sport - Slate Gray/Monaco Red and full of AWESOMENESS!!!
246 Posts
Does it make any sound like it’s trying to lock it or nothing at all on the ds?

·
Registered
2022 Q60 Red Sport - Slate Gray/Monaco Red and full of AWESOMENESS!!!
246 Posts
It does not make any sound at all.
Yeah I would expect a sound if the gears in it were stripped. My guess would be something more like what Bevo said. Does the passenger side have a lock/unlock switch for all the doors (I honestly don't remember without walking out to the car and being that I never sit on that side I have no idea what's on that panel.)?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts