Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who don't already know, you do not have to purchase your extended warranty at time of purchase or from your dealer of purchase. Shop around for the warranty because you'll see about a 100% markup on the costs of extended warranties. They are BIG moneymakers for dealers. There are Infiniti dealers around the country who will heavily discount the warranties and I have found one ;). I purchased the extended warranty for my Q50 from an out of town dealer and just did the same for my Q60. My local Texas dealer was asking a cool $1,500-$2,000 more for the same terms. Just crazy!

You have to go through the Finance Manager regardless of which dealership you use. If you want to get a quote from the dealer I have used shoot me a PM and I will provide the contact information. Or, if it is okay with the mods I can post the quote and contact information here.

·
Super Moderator
2,567 Posts
Extended warranties prices are negotiable and generally can be purchased at anytime the original warranty is still in effect. I don't have a problem with you posting the price and the contact info.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will just paste the email I received:

Ok! Great…congrats on your New Red Sport!!

New 2018 Q60 w/ 500 miles

$0 Ded
72mo/82k=$1462
84mo/100k=$2002
96mo/100k=$2084
84mo/120k=$2186
96mo120k=$2421

$100 Ded
72mo/82k=$1237
84mo/100k=$1645
96mo/100k=$1727
84mo/120k=$1809
96mo120k=$1992

This quote includes the $250 surcharge for Turbo…so the above quote will be your final price!
***No sales tax!!! Internet pricing not available to FL residents***
YES this is the factory warranty and NOT 3rd party!! The Infiniti Elite Protection Plan will start from the original in-service date. The deductible is per visit not per item repaired and will not kick in until the original 48mo warranty has expired. Please let me know if you have any questions regarding the Infiniti Elite Protection Plan or the Pre-Paid Maintenance. Thanks again and have a great day.

Thanks,

Courtney Mutema
Finance Manager
Infiniti of Scottsdale
[email protected]
(480)941-0055 ext 4035
(480)941-4481 fax

·
Registered
24 Posts
I bought mine at the time of purchasing my car. 7 years or 100,000 miles with zero deductible. My Q60 RS was CPO with about 13000 miles. Paid $1800 and thought it was a good deal. The finance manager told me if don't purchase the warranty at the time of purchasing the car the quote would go up significantly (up to about 10% of MSRP). And although I didn't believe him completely and knew well that warranty can be purchased at another time, I also knew that the quote does go up with mileage.

·
Super Moderator
2,035 Posts
Same here...go ahead and post it up. I myself will probably take advantage of it to get a quote. Only thing stopping me from getting one is whether or not I will jump to the Black S :)

·
Super Moderator
2,567 Posts
Same here...go ahead and post it up. I myself will probably take advantage of it to get a quote. Only thing stopping me from getting one is whether or not I will jump to the Black S :)
Any time left on the extended warranty is refundable and or transferable.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can get an extended warranty on CPO vehicles. Although, it has different pricing structure. Tire and wheel is an additional package. Call her up or email her for a quote.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks for posting. I bought my ext. warranty through Courtney for my G37 a few years back, and only had to use it one time in 4+ years. 25% less than what the dealer I purchased the car from was trying to charge me at time I bought it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Does anyone know if this also applies to CPO vehicles and for the Tire & Wheel Road Hazard with Curb & Cosmetic Protection?

I purchased a VSC Elite plan for my CPO'd 2018 Q60 with 3750 miles. They gave me a price break for also buying a wheel and tire protection plan. Considering I destroyed a rim on my G37 that would have cost $950 new I figured the wheel and tire program was worth the extra money especially since they cover curb rash repairs for free.

- VSC Elite warranty for CPO, $0 deductible: 84mo/100k=$1260 (originally quoted $2060)

- NSD wheel and tire warranty (including curb rash/cosmetic repairs) $0 deductible: 60mo/unlimited miles=$899

·
Registered
1 Posts
Considering Infiniti Elite Extended Warranty, but have a question.

The dealership that I purchased my '17 Red Sport AWD from approached me with an extended warranty when I took my car in for service last week. So I got quotes from a few dealerships, included Infiniti of Scottsdale which was significantly cheaper. When my dealership called me to follow up, I don’t know if it’s just scare tactics but they stated the following…

“…the only way they or any other Infiniti dealership in the country can provide you a valid warranty is that you would have to go to their dealership to have a warranty inspection done. They would have to plug it into the computer and pull every code (Infiniti can see that this was done) as well as physically inspect the vehicle. If they or any other Infiniti dealership do not complete this process the Service Contract will then be invalid. When you take it in for a warranty claim they will decline it if this is not done and state that the contract is void. We have seen this time and time again. We don’t have to have it done here because you bought the vehicle from us originally.”

Obviously, I don't want to purchase a warranty and have service refused, so I was curious if anyone had any knowledge or experience with this?

regards...
S13

·
Super Moderator
2,035 Posts
The dealership that I purchased my '17 Red Sport AWD from approached me with an extended warranty when I took my car in for service last week. So I got quotes from a few dealerships, included Infiniti of Scottsdale which was significantly cheaper. When my dealership called me to follow up, I don’t know if it’s just scare tactics but they stated the following…

“…the only way they or any other Infiniti dealership in the country can provide you a valid warranty is that you would have to go to their dealership to have a warranty inspection done. They would have to plug it into the computer and pull every code (Infiniti can see that this was done) as well as physically inspect the vehicle. If they or any other Infiniti dealership do not complete this process the Service Contract will then be invalid. When you take it in for a warranty claim they will decline it if this is not done and state that the contract is void. We have seen this time and time again. We don’t have to have it done here because you bought the vehicle from us originally.”

Obviously, I don't want to purchase a warranty and have service refused, so I was curious if anyone had any knowledge or experience with this?

regards...
S13
If it's already under warranty, I don't understand why they would say this for an extended warranty. Anyhow, I added an extended warranty last year....my dealership never said anything about checking jack...heck all I did was talk to the Finance guy and he quoted me a bunch of different coverages after which we talked pricing and I paid. That was it.

·
Super Moderator
2,567 Posts

regards...
S13
I'd call Infiniti of Scottsdale and tell them what your dealership told you and see what they say.

·
Registered
627 Posts
So here's a question that I should probably ask my dealer:

When I originally leased my Q60 I told them I wanted the extended warranty because I knew that I was going to buy out the lease when it was over. Do you think I'd still be able to cancel and find a new warranty, or negotiate the price since a) I haven't turned back the lease yet, and b) it's still under the original warranty? Without looking at my paperwork, I'm not sure if they've been rolling in the cost of the warranty with my monthly lease payment.

·
Registered
64 Posts
So here's a question that I should probably ask my dealer:

When I originally leased my Q60 I told them I wanted the extended warranty because I knew that I was going to buy out the lease when it was over. Do you think I'd still be able to cancel and find a new warranty, or negotiate the price since a) I haven't turned back the lease yet, and b) it's still under the original warranty? Without looking at my paperwork, I'm not sure if they've been rolling in the cost of the warranty with my monthly lease payment.
Yes, just go back to the dealer that sold you the warranty. They should be able to give you the forms you need or you can get them from the warranty company by giving them a call. Once you have the paperwork, the dealer will fill it out stating the actual mileage on your car, etc then turn that into the warranty company. Warranty company would roll that money back towards the "loan" if there is one or will send the money to whomever has the title. I did this with a financed car and they just sent the money to the bank who financed it. They then took that amount of my remaining loan balance.

TL;DR version: Call the warranty company and ask them the steps to cancel then contact your selling dealer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts