Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it has finally been confirmed by the Infiniti Executive Gerardo Carmona. The Q60 Convertible just isn't going to happen and it has become a scrapped plan. Reasoning ? Low sales.

Apparently, according to what I've read on MotorAuthority, they say that Infiniti only sold 3,949 units of the Q60 in the US throughout 2015 and most of them were coupes.

The new Q60 in a convertible variant would just be too expensive to produce and seems to be more of a risk if anything.

“We’re actually focusing only on the coupe version,” Carmona said. “The convertible is off the table.”

·
Registered
500 Posts
Sounds about right since I cannot recall when last I seen a G37/Q60 convertible.
Anyone who really and truly wants a drop top in this segment can buy a 4 Series, C-Class, or if they only feel safe going Japanese... 370z

·
Registered
2 Posts
Shame! Wanted to get a red sport for the wife. Wife wants a red convertible. I would get a hard top convertible for a daily driver. Almost got a 2015 Q60 convertible for her. Decided not to since the Q60 was a re-badged G37. She has a 2011 G37 sedan now. Looked at the BMW 4 series. Decided to wait for the 2017+ Q60 convertible. The Q60 blows away the 4 series. Using the 2015 sales figures as a decision not to continue is bad judgment. Why would anyone buy practically a 2 year old model as a new car.

Maybe I might be looking at 4 series again for her!

·
Registered
591 Posts
That's too bad but I can understand why they wouldn't want to come out with a convertible if they don't think they'll sell enough units. R&D isn't cheap and they need to sell enough to cover the cost and still profit.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Not really surprised. The additional R&D saved will be better used on making the IPL version, which makes more sense than a convertible.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I think I see why we're not getting the drop top. The last Q60 Convertible was developed alongside the Nissan 370Z Roadster so they were able to split the R&D costs. It may be too expensive to justify with the new Q60.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts