Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
588 Posts
Please keep us posted and the determination of what is causing symptom. Has a techie at a Infiniti dealership seen this first hand??

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Dealership replaced my fuel pump for the second time. Car has 17K kms, albeit pretty hard ones...

They have no idea on what could be causing the fuel pump to fail so prematurely. I'll keep you guys posted in case there are any updates or further failures to report.

· Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,511 Posts
Dealership replaced my fuel pump for the second time. Car has 17K kms, albeit pretty hard ones...

They have no idea on what could be causing the fuel pump to fail so prematurely. I'll keep you guys posted in case there are any updates or further failures to report.
So today all is well?

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
To date I have just had my 4th fuel pump installed by the dealership under warranty. Clearly there is a problem with the design of the fuel system on the Red Sport. Looking at the Q50 forum, there is a picture of the gas tank which makes the problem easier to understand, if the Q50 and Q60 do in fact share the same gas tank design. Maybe someone can chime in. This also points out the fact that there should be no hard acceleration under 1/4 tank. I think what happens is that with repeated starvation of fuel that the output of the pump fails after a while. I will probably upgrade to an AMS pump for future reliability.
Font Slope Parallel Auto part Rectangle

· Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,511 Posts
Clearly there is a problem with the design of the fuel system on the Red Sport.
Not sure why anyone else is reporting this problem here. Maybe you have a defective fuel tank.

· Registered
533 Posts
To date I have just had my 4th fuel pump installed by the dealership under warranty. Clearly there is a problem with the design of the fuel system on the Red Sport. Looking at the Q50 forum, there is a picture of the gas tank which makes the problem easier to understand, if the Q50 and Q60 do in fact share the same gas tank design. Maybe someone can chime in. This also points out the fact that there should be no hard acceleration under 1/4 tank. I think what happens is that with repeated starvation of fuel that the output of the pump fails after a while. I will probably upgrade to an AMS pump for future reliability. View attachment 26563
People with the AMS fuel pump still report fuel starvation at WOT under half tank conditions.

This tank design is a terrible design for any sort of performance. I know that on tracks I will get fuel cuts on fast right hand sweepers because the fuel sloshes away from the pump. A dual pump solution would be great, but I'm not aware of anyone selling a kit for it yet.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts