Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
its interesting how they determined its a block casting issue just from a leak...maybe its a known issue internally at infiniti or something, either that infiniti of canada is more generous giving out new engines for leaks lol. But its nice to have a 0 mile engine from the factory for free

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Starting to notice mine is drinking a lot of antifreeze as well lately. Has anyone else seen this before?

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Starting to notice mine is drinking a lot of antifreeze as well lately. Has anyone else seen this before?
AT 17K miles the water pump on my Q developed a small leak; replaced under warranty.
~

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a 2017 Q60 RED SPORT. Nov 22,2020 . I took the car back to the Infiniti dealership Dec 9th because the heat was not working. Engine gave No indication of any problem. The heat was not working because the car was low on coolant but they didn't know where the coolant went or where it kept going. They tried for weeks to fix the problem. They still could not fix the problem and Infiniti decided to replace both cylinder heads. Basically replacing the engine. As of Jan 26, 2021 the engine is replaced, the car is running and I should be able to pick up the car tomorrow Jan 27, 2021 almost 2 months of waiting.
Has anyone else had this problem with their Q60 red sport? Should I turn around and trade this car in?
My finger are crossed and hoping my problems are fixed.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,699 Posts
I bought a 2017 Q60 RED SPORT. Nov 22,2020 . I took the car back to the Infiniti dealership Dec 9th because the heat was not working. Engine gave No indication of any problem. The heat was not working because the car was low on coolant but they didn't know where the coolant went or where it kept going. They tried for weeks to fix the problem. They still could not fix the problem and Infiniti decided to replace both cylinder heads. Basically replacing the engine. As of Jan 26, 2021 the engine is replaced, the car is running and I should be able to pick up the car tomorrow Jan 27, 2021 almost 2 months of waiting.
Has anyone else had this problem with their Q60 red sport? Should I turn around and trade this car in?
My finger are crossed and hoping my problems are fixed.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well... I bought my 2019 q60 luxe about 3 months ago and have put 2k miles on it. It has 4200 miles at time of purchase and now has 6070 miles.

I noticed two days ago the coolant tank was empty. So I scheduled a check up with the dealer today ans with in 10 minutes they decided to give me a loaner. And said my engine needs replaced!!!! Wtf

This is my first Infiniti and now I'm worried the q60 is a garbage vehicle!!! And I gave up my 5.0 gt for this crap!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,699 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
They called me again today and said they found coolant and metal in the crankcase (internal leak) So they are requesting from infiniti to replace the engine. Now just waiting on infinti to say go ahead. I hope they won't fight its completely stock still with 6k miles

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Did they tell you why it was losing coolant?
I'm betting this infant-mortality failure is due to an engine block or cylinder head porosity issue.

I guess Japan manufacturing is guilty of the Friday afternoon QC check failures, too.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Update infinti is not willing to change the engine they are claiming its the bank 2 turbo. And they are only replacing the one. They disregarded the high copper and aluminum in the lab. They also disregard TWO dealer techs continually requesting the engine be replaced since they found metal and visible coolant in oil. (Yet the black stone test says 0 antifreeze. I'm getting rid of this crap box!!!!! Settling for lexus

·
Registered
41 Posts
Second update... infinti rejected a new engine. They only allowed for bank 2 turbo replacement. They also made the dealer sware and they handed me a TSB on a coolant smell being normal. WTF!

So I'll give it 2k more miles and see if I lose any coolant. If I do I'm topping it off and selling it!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
If I do I'm topping it off and selling it!
Well, if you have to, the used car market for probably until the end of the year is a great time to be a seller.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts