Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have posted in the past about ordering a 2017 Q60 fully loaded Irridium/graphite car back in December. Well, I stopped into the dealer to negotiate a Q70 lease for my dad and there in the showroom was a sunstone red Q60. They didn't have a sunstone red when I ordered my Q60 and there wasn't one around to see. I was nervous to order a red without seeing it and boy was I wrong. The sunstone red is beautiful in person. The dealer noticed my buyers regret :) and given that the car hadnt arrived and wasn't arriving for another month and given that I signed no contract etc he offered up the sunstone red car. To make a long story short, I didn't take the one in their showroom (had some options I didn't want, like carbon fiber accents and the interior was white, which looks great but would be an absolute nightmare to keep clean with my 2 kids). The dealer ended up finding a 2017 Q60 Red Sport 400, DAS, Drivers Assist, Tech, Prem Plus in sunstone red with graphite interior and it ARRIVES TOMORROW FOR PICKUP! The only thing it doesn't have that I wanted was the welcome lights, which I guess I can add later. I got the car for ~$58,500 (not including taxes) and I think (I HOPE) that is a good deal. It is at or around invoice. Sound like a good deal to you? They are driving it up so it will have ~60-70 miles when it arrives. I made it clear I would not take the car if it had any rock chips etc or if they drill the front bumper for plates. I also begged the driver to not full throttle it. Sigh. Ordered weather tech mats and have an appointment for next week to wrap the car in a Xpel bra by reputable installer. Going to wrap the upper and lower bumper, part of the hood, mirrors, door cups, and rocker panel. My G37x got killed by rock chips so trying to be proactive. So, there is no turning back :) and it looks like I will be officially joining the crew tomorrow. Thanks for answering all of my questions and providing your valuable input.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Good stuff...and congrats.

If you don't mind...65 miles don't seem too much of a stretch for you to go pick it up yourself (if that is an option). Have that dealer do all of the pre-inspection stuff there and you can just drive off with a little peace of mind.

58K for your package sounds like you did pretty well on negotiations.

Congrats again...

Oh, and I'm jealous...jealous of all of you!!!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
or if they drill the front bumper for plates.
They don't drill the bumper. If you use the OEM plate bracket it screws into two dimples in the grille.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hey, Congrats! Welcome to my world! I agree that the Sunstone Red is very different in person from seeing it in pictures. I like it a lot. If you looked it over I'm sure you saw that they use a 'copper' base coat and then seven layers of tinted clear coat. The new owners survey asks if you like the concept and think more colors should be offered with this technique. Apparently, they built a special paint booth just to paint this car. Might be the reason the color was so slow in showing up at the dealers and the reason they now would like to utilize that booth more. I know you were concerned about the ride, hopefully, you don't find it too harsh. I still can't give any advice about how it handles in the snow with our super mild winter, but sounds like you might be able to research that on your own. Enjoy! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
430 Posts
Congrats, you did good! I Have had mine for a week and loving it!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey, Congrats! Welcome to my world! I agree that the Sunstone Red is very different in person from seeing it in pictures. I like it a lot. If you looked it over I'm sure you saw that they use a 'copper' base coat and then seven layers of tinted clear coat. The new owners survey asks if you like the concept and think more colors should be offered with this technique. Apparently, they built a special paint booth just to paint this car. Might be the reason the color was so slow in showing up at the dealers and the reason they now would like to utilize that booth more. I know you were concerned about the ride, hopefully, you don't find it too harsh. I still can't give any advice about how it handles in the snow with our super mild winter, but sounds like you might be able to research that on your own. Enjoy! :)
Hey Z74Q60!
I noticed your pic 280Z!! I had that same car ,1978 2+2same bronze color and front bar and had a rear bar on it. I loved that car back then. looked like a Jag XKE without the issues. Loved it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts