Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently installed my sport exhaust with mufflers on my Q60 RS and found this part caused a lot of the cabin noise. Once removed all I hear is sweet exhaust music. I have made a few test runs and the trunk floor is not hot inside or outside the car.

Is this still needed once you remove the stock exhaust?

Attachments

·
Registered
359 Posts
I swear I can hear that thing buzzing. I'm going to look at taking this off ASAP to see if it fixes that. I don't even really care about the cabin drone.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Wow good to know. I bet this is what's causing all the vibration and buzzing that some folks including myself have experienced. I don't think it would get rid of all the drone though.

Let us know how it goes after taking it out. You guys would be the first so I think a few folks will want to see how things work out for you before they go this route.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Morning Drive Results

Wow... Night and day. No buzzing or weird cabin noises besides exhaust tone. So far I see no concerns with it being off. May stop by the dealership to ask their thoughts. Want to get their take on the passenger side cable that is real close to the muffler.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks will have a look at removing it. Have to admit this is the first time I've been disappointed with the sound my Infiniti made. Stock no noise added the sport exhaust with mufflers lots of drone and buzzing. This is my fourth Coupe 03 G35, 11 G37XS, 15 Q60S and now 17 RS400.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Cherk947 may have found the easiest and most inexpensive way to resolve the additional noise issue!

Seeing the (gorgeous) car yesterday, with the way the sport exhaust routes, I agreed with what he and I were chatting about that the heat shield doesn't seem to really be needed without a stock muffler there.

I'd love to get some other feedback on this AND maybe this could be helpful on the Q50 forum. I'll copy this thread over there.

For anyone curious, it looks like this is part 74761 "Heat Insulator - Rear Floor"

https://parts.infinitiusa.com/nissa...eid=15&groupid=J&sectionid=748&partcode=74761
Just to further elaborate and maybe add a screenshot for easy visual, full part number 74762-CD000 highlighted in green.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Seeing the placement, it makes a lot of sense why dynamat in the trunk helped resolve my issue with buzzing and vibration. I wonder how much better the exhaust aural experience could be if I got this thing removed. We'll see I guess how well it works out for the folks that go this route.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Let me know if you see improvement

Let me know if anyone else gives this a try. I checked under the car this morning and everything looks good. No heat issues, which I did not expect.

Seeing the placement, it makes a lot of sense why dynamat in the trunk helped resolve my issue with buzzing and vibration. I wonder how much better the exhaust aural experience could be if I got this thing removed. We'll see I guess how well it works out for the folks that go this route.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Let me know if anyone else gives this a try. I checked under the car this morning and everything looks good. No heat issues, which I did not expect.
Would you be willing to place a thermometer in your trunk during the next long drive you take to measure how warm it gets inside the trunk? I'm wondering if the temperature profile within the trunk is impacted by removing this plate. Then again it might be pointless without a baseline....which would be from a car with the shield in place (I might be able to use mine to generate the baseline given we're fairly close - I'm assuming you're in GA so please correct me if I'm wrong).

Thoughts?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am in Georgia. I could tell no difference when I got my workbag out. If anything it was cooler.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Hmmmm, wonder if it would make any difference for the sport exhaust kit without mufflers?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
You should make the change and let me...I mean all of "us" know. Take one for the team.... :laugh:
I knew that was coming :laugh:

Reactions: testrage

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Reactions: mikey_brasileno
1 - 20 of 77 Posts