Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have a 2018 luxe so not the sport :( that being said I plan on making mine better than the sport. I am looking at Fast Intentions Exhaust. My main question would be does adding just the exhaust without a tune add any significant horsepower? Also do I need to tune it/ should I wait till I have the down pipes and new air intake to install everything?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
My main question would be does adding just the exhaust without a tune add any significant horsepower?
These #'s are about right, assuming you use 93 pump gas:

Also do I need to tune it/ should I wait till I have the down pipes and new air intake to install everything?
You can run the FI LDPs & CBE w/o a tune or JB4 and you'll have no CELs. Obviously, a tune will optimize the HP & TQ with the additional mods you mention. I ran FI LDPs & CBE for months before I added a JB4, and then another year before I removed the LDPs and installed FI Catted DPs and had [email protected] road-tune my Q w/Ecutek.

·
Registered
22 Posts
These #'s are about right, assuming you use 93 pump gas:

View attachment 23955

You can run the FI LDPs & CBE w/o a tune or JB4 and you'll have no CELs. Obviously, a tune will optimize the HP & TQ with the additional mods you mention. I ran FI LDPs & CBE for months before I added a JB4, and then another year before I removed the LDPs and installed FI Catted DPs and had [email protected] road-tune my Q w/Ecutek.
Hey Iridium - in hindsight would you have gone straight for the full downpipes and ECU tune instead of going with LDP's and JB4? Did you try those options and "graduate" to the full racecar send?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Hey Iridium - in hindsight would you have gone straight for the full downpipes and ECU tune instead of going with LDP's and JB4? Did you try those options and "graduate" to the full racecar send?
I've had my Q since December 2016, and did the initial exhaust mods in 1Q2017. Fast Intentions was one of the few exhaust options for the VR30, and Ecutek did not offer a tune at that time. I wanted to ditch the quiet OEM exhaust as one of the first mods, and I had a buddy who had a 4-post lift, so FI LDPs & CBE were ordered and then went on the car about 6 weeks later. Burger Tuning offered the JB1 (at first) in mid-2017, and then a few months later BT offered the JB4 upgrade.

Iirc, Ecutek released a tune for the VR30 in 2018, I waited until the tuning package was in the marketplace for some time before I decided to opt-in with SpecialtyZ. Since SpecialtyZ and FI are within 1/2 hr drive from each other, and FI had since released their catted DPs, I decided to kill two birds with one stone and upgrade my Q in one day.

So while I had the mod bug from the start, because the '17 Q60 w/VR30 was a relatively new offering (the engine was already in the 2016 Q50), I had to wait for the marketplace to release their products.

·
Premium Member
2020, Infinity Q60 3.0T AWD
11 Posts
Doing an CBE alone will get you (depending on the exhaust) between 17 and 25 hp. Two things to consider, get a good high flow intake and a tune for maximum hp gains.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Doing an CBE alone will get you (depending on the exhaust) between 17 and 25 hp. Two things to consider, get a good high flow intake and a tune for maximum hp gains.
The stock airbox w/cold air ducting from the upper radiator valance panel is fairly efficient. The most cost-effective solution is good quality flat-panel air filters when the original filters become dirty. The $499 AMS Cold Airboxes don't really afford much in the way of performance increase with a stock tune, and maybe 10-15 hp at the upper rev range with an Ecutek tune, although there is a dip in the hp curve in the midrange. Credit the Infiniti engineers with a pretty good intake design.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts