Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend an exhaust shop located in Long Island, New York, who is familiar with aftermarket exhausts for a 2018 Infiniti Q60 3.0t Luxe AWD. I want increased performance and a more aggressive sound (without sounding obnoxious).

·
Registered
187 Posts
Go with the Fast Intentions cat-back exhaust; contact them to discuss the options to help you narrow down which options best align to your goals. Consider adding in Fast Intentions lower downpipe as well.

Alternatively, AMS Performance also recommends the ARK Performance cat-back exhaust and HKS cat-back exhaust, both of which get good reviews but less common than Fast Intentions. AMS Performance also produces their own lower and full downpipes.

Do not go with a custom exhaust shop; they are almost always more expensive and lower quality than FI, ARK, and HKS. I have read very bad reviews for the Stillen and MBRP cat-back exhausts for the Q60.

·
Registered
187 Posts
After seeing your other post, I switch my recommendation to the Infiniti Motorsports Helmholtz axle-back exhaust. It will sound much better than stock, but it will still be quiet and subtle.

The performance bottleneck will be the lower downpipes and the Y-pipe/mid-pipe; however, upgrading each of those will increase noise a good bit--enough that I would not want to take clients around.

Maybe (likely) the Fast Intentions cat-back exhaust with the larger mufflers and resonated X-pipe is still quiet enough--likely is, but I have not compared it side-by-side with my setup (which is a full replacement of the downpipes and Y-pipe/mid-pipe.

I have a conservative job. Sometimes I take clients to lunch/dinner in my car. I want increased performance but I do not want to offend some clients with a performance package which is too loud.

I also don't want to void my manufacturer's warranty.

·
Registered
647 Posts
For the in-cabin sound, when I had the FI LDPs and CBE (resonated), I have an acceleration video posted on my YT channel:

https://youtu.be/Z4niSQgIGxA

Note: I upgraded to Full Catted DPs about a year after this video, strictly for performance gains.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After seeing your other post, I switch my recommendation to the Infiniti Motorsports Helmholtz axle-back exhaust. It will sound much better than stock, but it will still be quiet and subtle.

The performance bottleneck will be the lower downpipes and the Y-pipe/mid-pipe; however, upgrading each of those will increase noise a good bit--enough that I would not want to take clients around.

Maybe (likely) the Fast Intentions cat-back exhaust with the larger mufflers and resonated X-pipe is still quiet enough--likely is, but I have not compared it side-by-side with my setup (which is a full replacement of the downpipes and Y-pipe/mid-pipe.

Does the Infiniti Motorsports Helmholtz provide any performance gains?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Does the Infiniti Motorsports Helmholtz provide any performance gains?
Negligible performance improvement. The primary bottleneck is the lower downpipes, next is either the Y-pipe/mid-pipe or the axle-back portion--I have not seen dyno results of a tune on a stock system compared with only lower downpipes to narrow down the impact of the Y-pipe/mid-pipe and OEM axle-back. Without a tune or even a JB4, no difference will be noticeable and the bottlenecks unimportant.

The key benefit to the Infiniti Motorsports Helmholtz axle-back is that it provides a nice improvement to the exhaust note without being too loud or obnoxious -- something that is critical, in my opinion, when having clients in the vehicle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts