Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished cleaning my exhaust tip and I am amazed at the amount of soot buildup. I've never had this amount of black stuff on any of my previous vehicles.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Just finished cleaning my exhaust tip and I am amazed at the amount of soot buildup. I've never had this amount of black stuff on any of my previous vehicles.
You can get chrome/metal polish at any auto store. It works really well. My last car was a GTR, and it was way, way dirtier than the Q60.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can get chrome/metal polish at any auto store. It works really well. My last car was a GTR, and it was way, way dirtier than the Q60.
Yeah, that's what I used.

Reactions: 1701-64D

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
I'm running high flow cats with a catback and my black carbon fiber tips are so black it's not even funny. I am tuned so it's too be expected but I looks at those black tips all the time and think to myself that I'm glad I'm OCD but not that OCD :eek:

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
I wonder if it's because of the DI and the injector cycling at start-up. I know the GTR runs rich as well as 1701-64D stated so it could be how the engine is tuned from the factory. I don't remember for sure but I think my exhaust tips were black from soot even before I modified the exhaust and tuned my GTR. What brand of polish do you use?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I wonder if it's because of the DI and the injector cycling at start-up. I know the GTR runs rich as well as 1701-64D stated so it could be how the engine is tuned from the factory. I don't remember for sure but I think my exhaust tips were black from soot even before I modified the exhaust and tuned my GTR. What brand of polish do you use?
I've had the same cheap bottle of Turtle chrome polish for roughly seven years, lol. That's $8 well spent.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I used blue magic

Reactions: testrage

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes it's common on any direct injection. I usually mix 1 gallon e85 to 5or6 gallons of 93 and now I have very little if any soot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts