Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I need suggestions on what I should do to my car. I currently have AMS Lower downpipes and resonator delete. It doesn’t sound good to me. I am having trouble on wether to put my resonators back on and do a muffler delete or buy another exhaust set up. What did you guys find that sounds the best and is not too expensive.

·
Registered
140 Posts
When I bought my car used...it came with Infiniti Sports Exhaust and straight pipes. It looked like the pipes were custom because there's no brand on it and can't find anything similar online (see photo). It sounded nice and sporty however as soon as I installed AMS LDP, it got so loud and raspy.

Immediately I had to purchase CBE because I couldn't stand the sound. Invidia Gemini exhaust was one of the few that were more affordable and readily available. I'm happy with the look and sound (see photos and link for the sound).

Q60 FTW

Reactions: Peekb24

·
Registered
26 Posts
HKS Q60 Stainless Steel Cat-Back Exhaust System (Legamax) is a good one it's not inexpensive though at $1,768.00 from Z1, but I see it's a special order now from them.
Concept Z Performance has them too for $1,777.92 with free shipping, I bought mine from them.
It is a true dual exhaust and has a bit of "tuning" that can be done to change the sound in the form of "silencer caps" that go on the resonators. I opted to use the included outlet pipes (shown).
I had the equivalent on my G35 (HKS Hi-Power) and this was the first mod I did to my Q60S after I bought it, I loved it on the G35 and love it on the Q.
It does have large titanium tips though, I'm not a complete fan of the coffee can look, but it's HKS so it's known to be a good brand.

The CZP and Z1 sites will give you more information if you look them up.
YT vid for the pipes and a couple of sound clips:
CZP YT vid:

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just ordered a Fast Intentions with 10 inch mufflers and no resonators to pair with my AMS lowers. Should be here before Sept. Hoping for sooner. I assume you will get something before mine come in but I will come back and post a video after I install it on here to help others out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
When I bought my car used...it came with Infiniti Sports Exhaust and straight pipes. It looked like the pipes were custom because there's no brand on it and can't find anything similar online (see photo). It sounded nice and sporty however as soon as I installed AMS LDP, it got so loud and raspy.

Immediately I had to purchase CBE because I couldn't stand the sound. Invidia Gemini exhaust was one of the few that were more affordable and readily available. I'm happy with the look and sound (see photos and link for the sound).

Q60 FTW
Is that a factory spoiler ?

·
Registered
23 Posts

Q60 FTW
Where did you purchase your exhaust?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Where did you purchase your exhaust?
MaPerformance

Q60 RS400 AWD, AMS Ecutek Tune, AMS FDP, AMS HE, AMS Auxiliary Tank, Invidia Gemini CBE, Stillen CAI, Add W1 V3.3 OCC and rolling with staggered 20s Verde V99 Axis wrap in Michelin AS/3 Plus

·
Registered
23 Posts
MaPerformance

Q60 RS400 AWD, AMS Ecutek Tune, AMS FDP, AMS HE, AMS Auxiliary Tank, Invidia Gemini CBE, Stillen CAI, Add W1 V3.3 OCC and rolling with staggered 20s Verde V99 Axis wrap in Michelin AS/3 Plus
Thanks do you have to modify it to fit and did you notice any performance gains ?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Thanks do you have to modify it to fit and did you notice any performance gains ?
Plug and play no mods needed. Performance wise, not much difference coming from straight pipe with Infiniti Sports muffler.

Reactions: Peekb24
1 - 10 of 10 Posts