Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone,

I just purchased a 2018 Red Sport with 22000 miles. I am coming from a 2015 Tacoma that I bought new, and this is the first car that Ive owned that I am excited about driving. The only negative for me is the GPS that is installed in the car doesn't work, and Infiniti doesn't have an update for my area. I'd be interested to see if someone can guess where I'm located based on the picture, the roads are made with coral! Anyway, I am excited to get into the community and learn more about these cars.

Some of the mods I look forward to is replacing the GPS/infotainment system, and maybe a different exhaust to be a little louder. I don't want to wake the neighbors every morning, but **** this thing is quiet. Additionally, I'd like to debadge everything except the red "S" but am worried about the paint underneath standing out. If you have any recommendations, please let me know, cheers!
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Plant

Plant Vehicle Grille Car Wheel

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
f you have any recommendations, please let me know, cheers!
For the GPS problem, as long as you have cellular service you could install a Smart Auto Kit, which would keep the dual screens, but make them useful through the either Apple CarPlay or Android Auto, depending on which service you have:

2015-19 Q50/60 Android Tablet Interface w/ Apple CarPlay & Android Auto | SmartAutoKits

As for exhaust, if you can tolerate a looooooong lead-time, I would order a Cat-back exhaust from Fast Intentions, located in Southern California. You can tailor the CBE to non-resonated/resonated, 10" Sport or 14" Touring mufflers, and Polished or Tri-Color exhaust tips:

https://www.fastintentions.com/product_info.php/cPath/41_50_174_175/products_id/299

Here's a video of my FI set-up, (recorded with my iPhone 8 at the time) - LDPs and resonated CBE w/14" touring mufflers & polished tips:

No drone at highway speeds, and the 14" muffler option doesn't annoy the neighbors.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have people been experiencing the glitches with the smart auto kit that experience with the mark 5 Tesla style screen?

For the exhaust, that sounds exactly like what I am looking for, and I am used to a long lead time on projects anyway. Also, I know that there won't be a lot, but do you notice any power gain with the exhaust setup you have?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Welcome to the forum. My guess is you are in Hawaii.
Why do you want to debadge it?

·
Registered
219 Posts
My guess Hawaii also, looks a lot cleaner debadged. I don’t have fender badges and it looks way cleaner. Still need to debadge my trunk >.<
I’m curious to see what it looks like. How about a pic or two when you have the time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My guess Hawaii also, looks a lot cleaner debadged. I don’t have fender badges and it looks way cleaner. Still need to debadge my trunk >.<
Actually even further than Hawaii! I want to debadge because I like the look of it more, and really dislike extra labels on my vehicles. I make dealers take off their decals, no license plate covers, no bumper stickers, etc.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Have people been experiencing the glitches with the smart auto kit that experience with the mark 5 Tesla style screen?
I heard nothing negative about the latest Smart Auto Kits.

I'm not familiar with any of the issues with the MK5 Tesla.

For the exhaust, that sounds exactly like what I am looking for, and I am used to a long lead time on projects anyway. Also, I know that there won't be a lot, but do you notice any power gain with the exhaust setup you have?
As for the documented power increase with the CBE, you should check the Fast Intentions website - they report decent power gains with the CBE, but replacing the secondary cats with LDPs is the direction I'd recommend if 1) Hawaii won't punish you for removing emissions equipment; and 2) you want additional bottom end torque. My Q has dyno'd @ 437 WHP & 502 WTQ on 93 octane pump gas, and that's with an Ecutek tune, FI Full Catted DPs & Resonated CBE, AMS Intakes, and AMS HE. That's it!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I heard nothing negative about the latest Smart Auto Kits.

I'm not familiar with any of the issues with the MK5 Tesla.

As for the documented power increase with the CBE, you should check the Fast Intentions website - they report decent power gains with the CBE, but replacing the secondary cats with LDPs is the direction I'd recommend if 1) Hawaii won't punish you for removing emissions equipment; and 2) you want additional bottom end torque. My Q has dyno'd @ 437 WHP & 502 WTQ on 93 octane pump gas, and that's with an Ecutek tune, FI Full Catted DPs & Resonated CBE, AMS Intakes, and AMS HE. That's it!
That's great to hear, I'd hate to be going down the road, and having to fiddle with it should it glitch. I had just seen a couple review videos of mk5 screen where it had issues even during the review, so I wouldn't want to go that route. How laggy do you find the smart auto kit?

Where I live there is no issue of emissions however, I don't know where I'll love in 18 months, so I probably would mess with it right now. Also, I do apologize, but what do you mean HE? Still new to some of the car world terminology, used to suspension and other mods from the truck world lol.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I like the look of yours, did you get the carbon fiber package, or what trims did you purchase black?
I don’t have the carbon fiber exterior package. Interior I have the matte carbon trim. Exterior it’s gloss black for the grill/side vents/mirror caps and fog lights. I am planning to order the oem carbon fiber package minus the spoiler. I have different plans for spoiler. But I believe the black exterior trim is standard for my color(slate grey)

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Where I live there is no issue of emissions however, I don't know where I'll love in 18 months, so I probably would mess with it right now. Also, I do apologize, but what do you mean HE? Still new to some of the car world terminology, used to suspension and other mods from the truck world lol.
Heat exchanger. The VR30DDTT engine in our Qs has an air-to-liquid heat exchanger mounted in front of the radiator & A/C condenser, and the cooled liquid is then pumped back to the Charge Air Coolers, which cool the compressed, incoming air that exits the compressor outlets of the turbo(s).

If you saw the stock HE, it is woefully under-sized to prevent heat soak during repeated runs. It's more-or-less a "one-and-done" HE, so most of us have upgraded the HE if we are using a Burger Tuning JB4 (piggy-back boost controller), or a ECU flash tune, such as Ecutek, HPTuners, or RaceBox.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Further then Hawaii? Ur flag says American so ima guess Guam lol?
It is Guam, been here for around 5 and a half years, and leaving in 18 months. Still trying to figure out where we will live after that.

Heat exchanger. The VR30DDTT engine in our Qs has an air-to-liquid heat exchanger mounted in front of the radiator & A/C condenser, and the cooled liquid is then pumped back to the Charge Air Coolers, which cool the compressed, incoming air that exits the compressor outlets of the turbo(s).
Ah, I don't know why I didn't put that together in my head. I've been reading more and more about this car, and know this is a common issue. I understand a fair amount about cars, and have a pretty technical background, but just hadn't seen HE shortened that way. I've always seen HX for it. Thanks for forcing this horse to drink, lol. I haven't noticed any pullback on performance yet, but I also have yet to really put it to the test.

·
Registered
95 Posts
It is Guam, been here for around 5 and a half years, and leaving in 18 months. Still trying to figure out where we will live after that.

Ah, I don't know why I didn't put that together in my head. I've been reading more and more about this car, and know this is a common issue. I understand a fair amount about cars, and have a pretty technical background, but just hadn't seen HE shortened that way. I've always seen HX for it. Thanks for forcing this horse to drink, lol. I haven't noticed any pullback on performance yet, but I also have yet to really put it to the test.
My grandpa was stationed in Guam during WW2 Bless his soul. RIP

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My grandpa was stationed in Guam during WW2 Bless his soul. RIP
Well, it's a good thing it looks different than it did then. A lot of horrible things happened here in WWII.

So, did you order the gloss black then or did it come already on it? If so, where did you order from? It takes forever to ship here and I don't necessarily want to take a chance on eBay parts.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts