Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a couple days old, but FI has just released a promo for their full down pipe system. From their Facebook page:

"The Fast Intentions Infiniti Q50/60 3.0TT FULL Down Pipes have arrived... We completed the prototypes in late 2016, but wanted to get sufficient mileage recorded to see the effects of the down pipes without software... ECUTek released their software a few months back and it's been all good things ever since. We are pleased to report NO CEL with a software upgrade on our cat-less version. NO CEL without software upgrade on our GESI catted version (49 State OBD II Compliant)... Stay tuned for our official launch video & product release coming early September."

I haven't seen a cost yet, but I don't doubt it'll be pricey. I'm pretty excited about it, as I already had planned on getting the catback and lowers in the future. Their's is the best sounding exhaust out there imo.

Reactions: F.I. INC.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Subscribed. Curious to see what the power gains will be with this system paired to their full exhaust system. Exciting stuff!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nice! I will be getting my cat back system installed by them in 2 weeks. Excited to ask about these!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They used to only have the lower DPs available for the Qs. This is the complete DP system.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dang you got bad luck bro haha

·
Registered
234 Posts
Just got my lower down pipes from Jason Rubio in rancho Cucamonga and I love them. His are actually true, 3" piping which I believe is the only one on the market. He already released upper and lower down pipes separately which I believe is more flexible than full down pipes. He released this mini o2 sensor blockers so you wont throw a light even on the upper down pipes. I'll release a sound video of mine soon too. Check out the new parts! It's on Powerproeng.com

·
Registered
42 Posts
Do we know estimated power gains of full dp vs. just lowers?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Does anyone have info on running these on stock ECU? Sounds like their tester had an ECUTek tune.
I know the full performance gains wouldn't be there, but would it play nice at all?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm curious if the JB4 will give the most sufficient gains with this as well. Are there not catalyst overtemp protections in the stock calibration that will need to be turned off?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do we know estimated power gains of full dp vs. just lowers?

They are claiming +65hp and 149 ft/lb torque, assuming in conjunction with their exhaust

·
Registered
25 Posts
They are claiming +65hp and 149 ft/lb torque, assuming in conjunction with their exhaust
Along with an ECUTek tune by Specialty-Z.

From their website:
An increase in performance throughout the entire RPM band.

Installed in conjunction with our FI cat back exhaust system and ECUTek tune, largest gains recorded: 65 horsepower at 5,600 rpm / 149 FT LB of torque at 3,000 rpm / 16 psi / 91 octane.

Installed in conjunction with our FI cat back exhaust system and the OEM tune, largest gains recorded: 42 horsepower at 5,000 rpm / 76 FT LB of torque at 3,000 rpm / 14 psi / 91 octane.

http://www.fastintentions.com/product_info.php/cPath/41_50_169_171/products_id/321

·
Registered
66 Posts
Along with an ECUTek tune by Specialty-Z.

From their website:
An increase in performance throughout the entire RPM band.

Installed in conjunction with our FI cat back exhaust system and ECUTek tune, largest gains recorded: 65 horsepower at 5,600 rpm / 149 FT LB of torque at 3,000 rpm / 16 psi / 91 octane.

Installed in conjunction with our FI cat back exhaust system and the OEM tune, largest gains recorded: 42 horsepower at 5,000 rpm / 76 FT LB of torque at 3,000 rpm / 14 psi / 91 octane.

Q50 3.0L VR30DDTT Full DownPipes with High Flow Cats, Fast Intentions
Can someone help clear my confusion with the numbers off their web site?
Full downpipes with CBE and stock tune: 42 HP gain and 76 torque gain;
Lower down pipes with CBE and stock tune: 43 HP gain and 25 torque gain.

Whats going on here?

Would the full down pipes void the warranty since you are getting rid of the infinity primary catalytic converters?

Also, aren't the gains from the full DP/CBE with the Ecutek tune from the tune itself (the tune increases the psi by 2) not the exhaust? Or are these gains synergistic?

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Would the full down pipes void the warranty since you are getting rid of the infinity primary catalytic converters??
Voiding warranty? Likely depends on what you're seeking for warranty work. Don't go into the dealership with a CEL and cat-less DPs and expect they'll ante-up a warranty claim...

From the FI FB page, it appears their Full DPs can be configured with optional GESI cats, since FI exhaust hardware is custom fabricated per order. I would assume these cats provide less restriction than the stock primary cats.

Otherwise, go cat-less option and get a tune or disable using the JB4.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Freer flowing exhaust will "reduce" exhaust gas velocity, which in turn reduces the boost, but makes it more efficient. So hence forth, one would be able too increase timing to make up for the lower boost, or just add more boost through the control.

I am curious how much HP one could expect with this full DP setup, with a tune maximized E30. I'd think adding 4 psi through a tune, losing a psi with the exhaust, and adding a net 5 psi, would get you to the turbo's max, so one would need to add more timing to take advantage of the E30, and the cooler fuel charge. Hmm..

I can see 100hp/175-200tq gains from this combo.

Is this setup modular? Can I buy lowers today, and uppers later?

·
Registered
1,366 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Maybe the reason for the $$$ of the FI Catted DPs is the small size of the cat required to fit within the (tight) space constraints of the engine compartment? Just a guess...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts