Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I would consider the AFE Takeda CBE as well if you do not want to wait 12+ weeks. Also a 2.5" system with resonators, just no mufflers. I ordered mine from R/T Tuning a couple weeks ago and got it less than 2 days later. Very distinct sound from other VR30 systems but it has an amazing sound imo. I am waiting to get my car back from the body shop before I install but I will provide updates on when I get it installed.
Thanks, I'm still waiting waiting for FI to get back to me so this could be an option. Do you know what power gains this CBE has?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would consider the AFE Takeda CBE as well if you do not want to wait 12+ weeks. Also a 2.5" system with resonators, just no mufflers. I ordered mine from R/T Tuning a couple weeks ago and got it less than 2 days later. Very distinct sound from other VR30 systems but it has an amazing sound imo. I am waiting to get my car back from the body shop before I install but I will provide updates on when I get it installed.
Those tips look badass!!!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Ok, but where are the mufflers for $1600+ ?? All I see is muffler deleted CBEs w/different tips. For $1434, FI will provided a resonated & 14" muffled CBE. Yeah, you gotta wait, but at least during my idle-down while I go through my neighborhood, I'm not drawing dirty looks...

Yeah, I'm 52, so I don't want to piss-off my neighbors, and one more thing "Get off my lawn!" LOL

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti Q50 Luxe (RWD)
3 Posts
Ok, but where are the mufflers for $1600+ ?? All I see is muffler deleted CBEs w/different tips. For $1434, FI will provided a resonated & 14" muffled CBE. Yeah, you gotta wait, but at least during my idle-down while I go through my neighborhood, I'm not drawing dirty looks...
It depends what you want 🤷‍♂️. I paid $1300 shipped for a full catback with high quality welds and mandrel bends. VR30’s aren’t really loud cars to begin with. I have an axle back rn with no mufflers and it’s honestly pretty tame until you open up the throttle. I will provide an update once it’s installed. I have seen quite a few FI exhausts with welds breaking so for that long of a wait time for a 2.5” system not worth it IMO.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thanks. Be good to hear your feedback on it.

From the videos on this CBE, it sounds great but a little too aggressive for use on my daily driver. If I were still in my mid 20s then I would have probably gone for it.

·
Registered
39 Posts

Yeah, I'm 52, so I don't want to piss-off my neighbors, and one more thing "Get off my lawn!" LOL
Man I ordered an FI exhaust but my lead time is end of November possibly December. That is along time to wait for an exhaust. I am seeing others going a different route because of the long wait time. Heck I am now thinking of loosing my deposit and going a different route as I want my cat back to get tuned. Sucks as I want the FI :(.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Man I ordered an FI exhaust but my lead time is end of November possibly December. That is along time to wait for an exhaust. I am seeing others going a different route because of the long wait time. Heck I am now thinking of loosing my deposit and going a different route as I want my cat back to get tuned. Sucks as I want the FI :(.
Hang in there bro, I feel you. I ordered mine back in June 16th and I'm on my 10th week of waiting. ETA for me is between October 15th - 29th. It's like only half way there. I understand it is a long wait for an exhaust, but I think the process going through the wait time makes it a little more special.

Time flies fast if you don't think about it. Once you get the exhaust, you'll have a story to tell "Man I waited almost half a year for this exhaust because of COVID and sh**". The journey and your story will be worth it.

Also It will be a good way to end your 2021 with it since ETA is late November / early December. You'll have a lot of Fast Intentions to start your 2022 with a bang.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Man I ordered an FI exhaust but my lead time is end of November possibly December.
FI lead-times really makes me think of the saying "Time, Quality, Money... pick two!"

I'll say one thing about FI - the way they construct their exhaust sections makes it easy to remove them when necessary. I had the X-pipe and mufflers sections removed to install the 1-piece Inland Empire driveshaft, removed the muffler sections 2x to install the Stillen Rear STB and then I upgraded to the Hotchkis (Front &) Rear STB.

Now, I'm looking at removing the X-pipe and muffler sections to remove the rear diff, which means taking off the driveshaft and heat shields, so that I can then drop the differential case off at a local driveline shop, or send it out, as I have the Quaife LSD in-hand along with the full bearing & seal kit - just need someone to shim it properly.

That said, every time I re-assemble the FI pipes because I'm modding something else, it goes back together without any leaks, so... there's that aspect of the FI exhaust that most fail to appreciate.

Reactions: AcerQ17

·
Registered
39 Posts
FI lead-times really makes me think of the saying "Time, Quality, Money... pick two!"

I'll say one thing about FI - the way they construct their exhaust sections makes it easy to remove them when necessary. I had the X-pipe and mufflers sections removed to install the 1-piece Inland Empire driveshaft, removed the muffler sections 2x to install the Stillen Rear STB and then I upgraded to the Hotchkis (Front &) Rear STB.

Now, I'm looking at removing the X-pipe and muffler sections to remove the rear diff, which means taking off the driveshaft and heat shields, so that I can then drop the differential case off at a local driveline shop, or send it out, as I have the Quaife LSD in-hand along with the full bearing & seal kit - just need someone to shim it properly.

That said, every time I re-assemble the FI pipes because I'm modding something else, it goes back together without any leaks, so... there's that aspect of the FI exhaust that most fail to appreciate.
You made a lot of good points. Thanks for the reply and feedback. I guess it is a waiting game. I am concentrating my efforts on putting a lift in so I can work on the car a lot easier and stay off of jack stands and my back..lol

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I am concentrating my efforts on putting a lift in so I can work on the car a lot easier and stay of jack stands and my back..lol
Are you going for a 4-post lift, or something like a QuickJack setup? Because I have space limitations, the QuickJack lifting platforms have worked out well for me, and then I store (hang) them on the garage wall.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Are you going for a 4-post lift, or something like a QuickJack setup? Because I have space limitations, the QuickJack lifting platforms have worked out well for me, and then I store (hang) them on the garage wall.
Sorry, a 2 post lift. I was looking at those Quickjack ones but I decided to install it in the rear of my property and build a carport over it. I will do my own turbo replacements for future upgrades :)

21 - 33 of 33 Posts