Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Have you ran into any problems with your FI lower downpipes and exhaust? I have an 18' luxe with fast intentions catback and mishimoto heat exchanger but not sure if LDP will cause problems without a tune to keep my warranty.
You can run the LDPs, CBE, and HE together w/o a tune, and you'll have no issues. (At one point in my mod progression, I had this exact combination before adding a JB4, which then eventually led to an Ecutek tune.) The stock ECM can compensate for the lower backpressure when the LDPs are installed. However, to optimize the air-fuel ratio (AFR) for the better exhaust scavenging with the LDPs, I'd recommend either the Burger Tuning JB4 or an Ecutek tune.

As for standard or powertrain warranty applicability with LDPs installed, that will depend on the relationship with your dealership, and what specifically is the subject of the warranty claim.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You can run the LDPs, CBE, and HE together w/o a tune, and you'll have no issues. (At one point in my mod progression, I had this exact combination before adding a JB4, which then eventually led to an Ecutek tune.) The stock ECM can compensate for the lower backpressure when the LDPs are installed. However, to optimize the air-fuel ratio (AFR) for the better exhaust scavenging with the LDPs, I'd recommend either the Burger Tuning JB4 or an Ecutek tune.

As for standard or powertrain warranty applicability with LDPs installed, that will depend on the relationship with your dealership, and what specifically is the subject of the warranty claim.

How long did you run just LDP, CBE and HE w&w/out jb4 before getting tuned?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
How long did you run just LDP, CBE and HE w&w/out jb4 before getting tuned?
January 2017 - FI LDPs & CBE installed
September 2017 - JB4 installed
April 2018 - AMS HE installed
September 2018 - Ecutek installed
October 2018 - Dyno Test performed

21 - 23 of 23 Posts