Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Infiniti Q60 3.0t Premium
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I’m ordering some parts and wanting to see which of the 2 ECUTEK items on the AMS website I should buy, I can’t tell if there’s a difference other than price but it’s my first time and don’t want to buy the wrong one. Going FBO with the car.

Also a side note, I’m going to get it dyno tuned with Racebox and I also noticed they have it on their site for sale, AMS is cheaper by around $150 if they are both the same. Should I just buy it from AMS or just order from Racebox?

if someone can direct me in the right direction and also explain the difference between the 2 on AMS site

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
1,964 Posts
Racebox will provide better individual service. AMS can be good and bad with customer support.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Racebox will provide better individual service. AMS can be good and bad with customer support.
Another question, I have to sign a waiver on the AMS site after ordering the LDPs, HE, and intakes that it says I cannot use the vehicle on public roads? Did you have to do this or know how this works?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
1,964 Posts
Well, the reason AMS has the customer sign this waiver is to keep them from getting fined by the EPA.

I had to do a similar statement for my new Ducati when I had the Ducati (Akrapovic) race exhaust and S/W ECU flash installed at its 600-mi check. They went as far as taking pictures of my Ducati sitting on a trailer, strapped down, with the lights taped-over with blue tape, to show it was now going to be used for off-road racing only.

Reactions: Bevo and UNLEASHED

·
Registered
512 Posts
Hello all,

I’m ordering some parts and wanting to see which of the 2 ECUTEK items on the AMS website I should buy, I can’t tell if there’s a difference other than price but it’s my first time and don’t want to buy the wrong one. Going FBO with the car.

Also a side note, I’m going to get it dyno tuned with Racebox and I also noticed they have it on their site for sale, AMS is cheaper by around $150 if they are both the same. Should I just buy it from AMS or just order from Racebox?

if someone can direct me in the right direction and also explain the difference between the 2 on AMS site
If you're getting dyno tuned by racebox I would buy through them. If you get tuned by AMS and then get dyno tuned by racebox you will just be paying to get tuned twice.

Reactions: UNLEASHED

·
Registered
512 Posts
I assume the two options you're talking about from AMS are the quick flash versus the custom calibration. The quick flash is an off the shelf tune, it is not customized to your individual car, but is a safe tune level that they feel comfortable using on any Q. The custom tunes are calibrated to your individual car and will take more time and effort (hence the increased cost), but will also yield more performance.

The equivalent custom tune prices between AMS and Racebox are $1650 from AMS and $1550 from Racebox.

·
Registered
2018 Q60 Red Sport AWD
13 Posts
That clears it up and makes me decide. Racebox it is 😁
Tuned by Racebox FBO E30 for now & no issues. Car runs like a dream, best decision I made for the Q 💯‼ She’s my daily driver as well, been reliable as I pretty much have the entire service history (bought CPO w/ 6.5k miles off the Infiniti lot)

If you have any questions lmk, majority of my bolt on’s are Infiniti/AMS Red Alpha parts. Estimated 460-480WHP & 500WTQ currently, she moves. Looking into RT V2 Turbos or Z1’s Full Frame Turbos next year. Then I’ll be done w/ the build, but looking into an M4 Comp XDrive or M5 Comp XDrive as the additional vehicle down the road. The Q60 RS is the ultimate daily driver hurting feelings on the way to work 😉🤣🫡

·
Registered
512 Posts
That clears it up and makes me decide. Racebox it is 😁
You could also consider Sonictuned as well. The same custom tune package from him prices out to $1404.

Although if you're physically going to Racebox to get dyno tuned it makes more sense to go with them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tuned by Racebox FBO E30 for now & no issues. Car runs like a dream, best decision I made for the Q 💯‼ She’s my daily driver as well, been reliable as I pretty much have the entire service history (bought CPO w/ 6.5k miles off the Infiniti lot)

If you have any questions lmk, majority of my bolt on’s are Infiniti/AMS Red Alpha parts. Estimated 460-480WHP & 500WTQ currently, she moves. Looking into RT V2 Turbos or Z1’s Full Frame Turbos next year. Then I’ll be done w/ the build, but looking into an M4 Comp XDrive or M5 Comp XDrive as the additional vehicle down the road. The Q60 RS is the ultimate daily driver hurting feelings on the way to work 😉🤣🫡
What part of Texas are u in if you don’t mind me asking?

also how long have those turbos been out and are they good? All I’ve seen stage 2 pure ones but they are pricey. I’ve also looked into M4s/5s and even M8 competition but imo this is perfect and cheaper. My second is the GTR down the road with some upgrades or maybe if a McLaren 720S somehow gets cheaper lol we’ll see

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You could also consider Sonictuned as well. The same custom tune package from him prices out to $1404.

Although if you're physically going to Racebox to get dyno tuned it makes more sense to go with them.
I’ve looked on Racebox’s website and the custom tune without the dyno will be $1469 if I remember right so it’s not a big difference. The dyno is $350 which I guess is normal? This is my first car I’m doing any mods/upgrades on so it’s exciting but confusing 😅

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
1,964 Posts
...or maybe if a McLaren 720S somehow gets cheaper lol we’ll see
YTuber "WatchJRGo" just picked up a used McLaren with over 60k miles on it!!!

Reactions: Bevo and UNLEASHED

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I’m looking on Racebox’s website and there’s an option for E30 add-on. Do I need to add any parts to be able to get that or I should be good with stock fuel pumps and such? I’m only going FBO without any fuel pumps/injectors and I’m on stock turbos

also would you recommend going E30?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
YTuber "WatchJRGo" just picked up a used McLaren with over 60k miles on it!!!

Yeah it’s risky and expensive af to fix
I was tempted to buy a wrecked 720s off copart (salvage title) with some upgrades on it but was out of state so can’t fly out to see it in person. Sold for $103k or $113k can’t remember. I’d say in parts it needs maybe $20-30k. With everything and fees/paint I’d say might hit $150k which isn’t bad but a risk

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,429 Posts
Reactions: IridiumRS400
1 - 15 of 15 Posts