Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So first off it is important to note I am dropped on RSR springs from a 2014-2015 Q50 AWD NOT from a 2016-2017 Q50 RedSport AWD. I mainly did this because the RedSport ones were out of stock and I got impatient. I knew they would fit because the suspension is exactly the same. The only difference I saw was the front drops a little more by 5-10MM and the front spring rate was 1K softer. I am extremely happy with the result. No issues whatsoever. Everything was direct fit with no modifications, squeaks, rattles or anything of that nature. The front is quite low but not unmanageable. Occasionally I will scape but its not actually on the bumper its on the lil plastic wind deflector thingies in front of the wheels and on the under tray but thats only on steep driveways. Will get an alignment in a few days and hope I can get toe into spec still since the front is a little lower than the RedSport springs. Wheels coming up next. Just gotta decide which ones I want!

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
So first off it is important to note I am dropped on RSR springs from a 2014-2015 Q50 AWD NOT from a 2016-2017 Q50 RedSport AWD. I mainly did this because the RedSport ones were out of stock and I got impatient. I knew they would fit because the suspension is exactly the same. The only difference I saw was the front drops a little more by 5-10MM and the front spring rate was 1K softer. I am extremely happy with the result. No issues whatsoever. Everything was direct fit with no modifications, squeaks, rattles or anything of that nature. The front is quite low but not unmanageable. Occasionally I will scape but its not actually on the bumper its on the lil plastic wind deflector thingies in front of the wheels and on the under tray but thats only on steep driveways. Will get an alignment in a few days and hope I can get toe into spec still since the front is a little lower than the RedSport springs. Wheels coming up next. Just gotta decide which ones I want!
Looks good man. I think going with the non-RS AWD springs was actually a pretty good idea since I think they'll be closer to the Q60-specific AWD springs when they come out. As for the alignment, you can just forget it since Infiniti didn't put hardly any adjust range in the rears and absolutely none in the front. I tried and my dealer's mechanic explained that there's less range in these then the previous design and I'd have to get all the adjustable control arms to bring it 100% back into spec. However, if you look at my alignment sheet I put in http://www.infinitiq60.org/forum/br...-alignment-check-rsr-q50-lowering-spring.html you can see that the RSR Q50 drop didn't push it too far out of spec so you should be just fine.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks good man. I think going with the non-RS AWD springs was actually a pretty good idea since I think they'll be closer to the Q60-specific AWD springs when they come out. As for the alignment, you can just forget it since Infiniti didn't put hardly any adjust range in the rears and absolutely none in the front. I tried and my dealer's mechanic explained that there's less range in these then the previous design and I'd have to get all the adjustable control arms to bring it 100% back into spec. However, if you look at my alignment sheet I put in http://www.infinitiq60.org/forum/br...-alignment-check-rsr-q50-lowering-spring.html you can see that the RSR Q50 drop didn't push it too far out of spec so you should be just fine.
Thanks man! Your right, the car drives straight and doesn't pull. An alignment would probably useless but it was included in the price of install so I'm gonna go anyway just to see since i'm a little lower in the front I would like to know how much more camber it gave me.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Looks great!

Is the ride any stiffer? In the various driving modes.

Also how was the install on the rear? I heard it was a PITA

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks great!

Is the ride any stiffer? In the various driving modes.

Also how was the install on the rear? I heard it was a PITA
Now thats ive driven it for a few days I noticed it is a little stiffer but nothing to be concerned about. I didnt do the install so cant speak on difficulty but the shop got it done it under three hours so couldnt be that hard.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I noticed the camber on my fronts seem worse than everyone elses most likely because im a little lower. I cnt stand it so i got adjustable control arms on the way to correct it. The rear isnt as bad so i can live with it but im still gonna tell shop to take as much of it out as they can with the stock arms. Will report back after install and alignment

·
Registered
500 Posts
Maybe its a good excuse for getting some aggressive aftermarket wheels. I was going to say you could be the first in NYC with a Q60 on aggressive wheels but its NYC... someone probably did it :D

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe its a good excuse for getting some aggressive aftermarket wheels. I was going to say you could be the first in NYC with a Q60 on aggressive wheels but its NYC... someone probably did it
Im not into aggressive wheels with excessive camber. I dnt mind a little bit of camber -1.7ish max. I have a set on order that arent conservative but not over aggressive either we shall see how it works out

And I hvnt rlly seen too many q60s in nyc but i wouldnt doubt it lol

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got the adjustable control arms installed on the front very easy install. Everything is well in spec now. My alignment guy was able to get camber at 1.2 front with the adjustable arms and 1.4 rear with stock arms.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts