Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First lowered AWD Q60 RS400 on RS-R Down Springs.

I am only saying that because I have not seen one yet and Stillen was the first to tell me last week about the springs from the Q50 being a direct fit. Just put them in today so they will go down a bit more during settling then Ill have it aligned. So far its the look I want and not too low like my last cars which scraped everything.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
I am only saying that because I have not seen one yet and Stillen was the first to tell me last week about the springs from the Q50 being a direct fit. Just put them in today so they will go down a bit more during settling then Ill have it aligned. So far its the look I want and not too low like my last cars which scraped everything.
I can't wait to see it after it settles. I like it. I still think the best thing on this car is how the lines flow without the side badges. How difficult was the install? Did you do it yourself?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't wait to see it after it settles. I like it. I still think the best thing on this car is how the lines flow without the side badges. How difficult was the install? Did you do it yourself?
Thanks testrage, the install was not bad up front, the rear was the worst one I have done yet. The top strut bolts are in the rear deck of the car. It was a wrestling match to get that back deck out for a good 30 minutes without breaking anything.

The rear suspension also has a lot of load on it, once you get the back shocks out you need a good 6ft breaker bar and some weight to get the suspension down to get the shock back on. Not something I would want do do again, haha.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Thanks testrage, the install was not bad up front, the rear was the worst one I have done yet. The top strut bolts are in the rear deck of the car. It was a wrestling match to get that back deck out for a good 30 minutes without breaking anything.

The rear suspension also has a lot of load on it, once you get the back shocks out you need a good 6ft breaker bar and some weight to get the suspension down to get the shock back on. Not something I would want do do again, haha.
Sounds like something I'm not going to try anytime soon :D

Btw, ignore the comments on FB...some serious negativity going on there!!:(

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like something I'm not going to try anytime soon :D

Btw, ignore the comments on FB...some serious negativity going on there!!:(
I know if the car isn't touching the ground it isnt lowered to those guys on there. Bunch of youngsters. I refused to go with the super downs, My last G37 was super low and it was a hot mess to drive.

·
Registered
298 Posts
How is the ride quality? In normal and sport+?

·
Registered
244 Posts
How much did it drop it so far in total? It looks pretty on par with the RWD models, which are a half-inch lower than AWDs. It's hard to tell cause of the tires just blending in to the black of the wheel wells, lol.

I'm gonna skip lowering springs on my RWD this time around as I feel like it sits pretty low enough as it is, the ride quality with the dynamic digital suspension is superb and like you i'm simply not interested in a 'stanced' look (i think that ANY car lowered to such extremes looks cheesy af personally).

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How much did it drop it so far in total? It looks pretty on par with the RWD models, which are a half-inch lower than AWDs. It's hard to tell cause of the tires just blending in to the black of the wheel wells, lol.

I'm gonna skip lowering springs on my RWD this time around as I feel like it sits pretty low enough as it is, the ride quality with the dynamic digital suspension is superb and like you i'm simply not interested in a 'stanced' look (i think that ANY car lowered to such extremes looks cheesy af personally).
Jayce it looks to be slightly lower than a stock RWD by about .5" The wheels are tucked in a little and this is all Im looking for. My last car sucked driving with a 2" drop so Im content with this. Its a Q60 not a Lambo.

·
Registered
93 Posts
This looks great and I don't know if I can wait for the "legit Q60" ones to come out. Thanks for posting. I'm going to pick up a set as well. Drop is perfect in my opinion. Do you have any pics showing the tire gap better - the wheels and wheel gap is so black in the images it's hard to tell?

·
Registered
298 Posts
I don't mean to ruin you're great images but I brought up the shadows to give everyone a better idea of where the tire separates from the wheel well

Attachments

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Curse you Graph for being the first!! hahah just kidding man it looks great! I got my RSR springs yesterday so I'll be installing them this weekend, as well as some 15mm spacers if they show up. Did you take it for an alignment check? How off spec was it?

Reactions: Garnoch

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Curse you Graph for being the first!! hahah just kidding man it looks great! I got my RSR springs yesterday so I'll be installing them this weekend, as well as some 15mm spacers if they show up. Did you take it for an alignment check? How off spec was it?
LoganB I will have it aligned in a couple weeks to let it "settle" Ive aligned too soon before when dropping a car and it chewed up my tires because the springs were still settling.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts