Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jalopnik published an article on Five reasons why you need to buy a G37/Q60 right now! All points mentioned are points im sure everyone here can agree on:

Here's Jalopnik's Five Reasons

There was a time when you couldn’t spell “car” without “catch.” If a car was fast, it was probably expensive, hard to work on, or both. If a car was a luxurious, it likely fell onto its face when shown a corner. That time is now over, because the Infiniti G37 exists. Here are five reasons why you should pick one up before they’re all gone.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Sure it may be cheap but that's generally what happens to older models and it's design is old. As for aftermarket support, that will come in time once the new one comes out. The aftermarket will meet the demand if it's there.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think you'd be mad to buy one now right before the new one comes out.
That depends, some people don't like dealing with brand new models right away, they rather stick with the tried and true ones coming to the end of their production cycle and often times in their prime since the best is save for last.

·
Registered
17 Posts
That depends, some people don't like dealing with brand new models right away, they rather stick with the tried and true ones coming to the end of their production cycle and often times in their prime since the best is save for last.
So true, but I learned a painful and expensive lesson. When the '07 Jaguar XK was introduced I didn't like the looks; so, I searched long and hard to find an '06 coupe. That was bullet proof and almost perfect ..... however the new body style grew on me so I bought an '08 XKR coupe and took a huge hit on the '06. Will not make that mistake again :(

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah that's sometimes the case, which is even a better reason for waiting longer, since not only does the value of said vehicle drops even more but now you can clearly compare and analyze all options available to you without fear of messing up. BUT that takes a special kind of person, you have to really love that vehicle, definitely not for everyone.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's only cheap if you get the base model with no add ons.
And we all know how much fun that NOT is.

If i'm buying an older vehicle, I rather get it in top spec. If buying it used you're already winning, don't have to worry about that massive initial depreciation it goes through once rolling out the dealership floor.

Got to spoil yourself sometimes too ;) After all, we have Q60 MONEY, not Civic coupe money :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well, I mean for just $250/mo, you can get a certified pre-owned 2012 G37 coupe fully loaded.

Sure, it has nothing on the new Q60 but for the money, the 2012 G37 is still an amazing machine.

·
Registered
95 Posts
What other vehicles, used/new, would you be able to afford with that money? I'm just wondering if the G37 is a big deal at that price or if it is just competing alongside others at a similar price point?

·
Registered
591 Posts
The 2012 G37 original MSRP was $33,100 - $51,700 but you can get one for around $16,941 - $28,702 these days, maybe even less if used.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A lot of these have been abused, so another thing to look out for is who owned it... rather buy it from an older woman than some younger male. Along with that service records that show it has been well maintained.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nothing of real concern that I know of and since you can still get one of the last production year models for a good price, those you'll be better off with. Since typically by then most issues have been addressed.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Think one of the only concerns for the g37 was a little water leakage in the back seat during heavy rainfall. They're pretty bulletproof and I hope the same will apply fro teh new Q60.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Can't imagine that being a bad issue. Sometime leaks are just due to poor sealing in some areas. Or a case where the weather stripping might have been formed different from the rest of the models.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts