Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of course the Q60 RS 400 comes with paddle shifters on the steering wheel as opposed to the steering column (fixed) where Infiniti had traditionally placed them.. I prefer the fixed paddle shifters because you always know where they are when turning.
With that said, a popular mod on the G37 non-sport was to add paddle shifters (which were fixed). The steering column could be opened up and the shifters were basically plug and play as it was the exact same steering column as the G37S
I noticed on the Q60 that the steering column looks the same as the Q50 which has fixed paddle shifters. Thus it would appear that the fixed shifters could be installed just the same on the Q60. I was wondering if anyone has tried this yet on their Q60.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Haven't heard of anyone do it but if the system is the same... I can't see why not. I presume you have to get the column cover from the Q50 has as well so it has the cut outs for the fixed paddles too?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was checking them out at the dealership and the column covers look the exact same. There are cut outs on the Q60 as well. They are just plugged with plastic panels that look removable

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
If they're knockouts than this shouldn't be difficult at all then, just grab those panels and have at it... anyone have a price on them from Infiniti ?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
LOL, If they were mounted on the column then some folks would want them mounted on the wheel :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey leave them on the wheels and add them to the column as well.. best of both worlds ha!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey guys, just joined the forum because I was googling and came across this seemingly current thread I can shed a little light on. All of this is related to the '17+ Q60 by the way.

A simple quick answers:
-Column covers are not the same from Q50-Q60. There are 4 different covers for the Q50, and 2 for the Q60. These vary depending on trim and options.

-You cant simply punch out tabs to install on either Q50 or Q60. There are actually screws under those tabs you're seeing that hold the cover to the column.

-'17+ Q60 Paddle Shifters are attached with ONE screw per side to the steering wheel. A non-equipped car does not have the provisions on the steering wheel to install them. You will end up spending well over $1500 in parts before you'll make it work, assuming it does have the wiring under the cover. I'll know that for sure once I disassemble our Q60 hopefully in the next few days. On the plus side, the paddle shifters themselves are about $75 for a set NEW. This is far cheaper than the $400 Infiniti wants for Q50 paddle shifters...

-2014-2017 Q50 (Including Redsport) has paddle shifters mounted on the column, this is the EXACT same part that the G37's used. They attach with one nut and one bolt per side.

Unfortunately, this is where the cars differ. The Q50 paddle shifters cannot just simply be adapted to work on a Q60, as the columns are different. I actually disassembled a Q50 Redsport steering wheel and column yesterday with the sole purpose of learning about the paddle shifters. It seems that while the Q50 can be adapted by buying the factory paddle shifters, hardware and surround (i believe most if not all have the provisions in the harness already so it should be plug and play like the G37) but this is not the same as on the NEW '17 Q60 (CV37).

I'd attach links or pictures of the actual parts, however my post count doesn't let me. Fail.
If you're curious, you can check them out on the Z1Motorsports site in the Q60 and Q50 stores.

·
Registered
95 Posts
This will not work. On 14-17 Q50's, you could add paddle shifters easily - as dattoman points out above. In fact, it was the same kit as it used to be in the G. But the Q60 and the 18+ Q60's have the newer steering wheel/column design. No more simple adding of paddle shifters. Either the car came with them, or didn't.

Now, I don't know if you can buy a new steering wheel that has the paddles and expect it to work. My guess would be that it would work, but I don't know for sure. I bet one of the vendors that sells those snazzy cf steering wheel replacements would know the answer.

Reactions: Omenx

·
Registered
81 Posts
Dug up this old thread to say it is possible! Installed column-mounted shifters on my Premium last night. Whole thing cost me about $450 and only took about an hour and a half to install. Toughest part, ironically, was just putting the new column cover together at the end.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Dug up this old thread to say it is possible! Installed column-mounted shifters on my Premium last night. Whole thing cost me about $450 and only took about an hour and a half to install. Toughest part, ironically, was just putting the new column cover together at the end.
While I absolutely hate column paddle shifters, I would love to know more about this! Would you please expand on the wiring situation, components needed, and the process?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts