Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about doing flex-fuel on my 19Q60rs. I'm really concerned about the reliability. I have seen a YouTuber say every since they started running ethanol they were blowing through injectors. Iv has also seen some that enjoy it and have been plenty miles with no problems. I know they both got proper setups so >.>

I was thinking just the AMS fuel kit + LFP + Filter, tuned with ecuTEK

Anyone can talk me out of it? Pros? Cons? Good or bad experiences?

·
Registered
260 Posts
My experience have been flawless since AMS released their Fuel Pressure sensor.

I do have all AMS fueling mods (HPFP, LPFP, FF Kit, Fuel Filter, FP Sensor) including injectors and changed my rails.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm I don’t have any like major mods. Only running estimated 450 to the rear. Would changing the rails and having the hpfp be necessary? I’m just tryna to get a small boost for small price 😅 did you run the rails specifically cuz someone said it would be better or do you have big turbos or something?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
1,853 Posts
The stock injectors are not E85-compliant. Ethanol is a low-lubricity fuel and you're rolling the dice when running higher than E30, as the stock injectors are likely to either stick close (bad) or stick open (much worse), which in the latter case would potentially hydro-lock the engine. Same argument can be applied to the stock HPFP and LPFP.

If you go E85, spend a little $ up front or be prepared to spend alot later.

Reactions: brent

·
Registered
2017 Q60 3.0t Red Sport AWD
48 Posts
I dont think the savings of E-85 justifies the inherent risks. My '19 F250 can take E-85 but they say in the manual that if you do that, then at least once a month run a full tank of normal fuel. Alcohol IMO is hard on fuel components as noted above :unsure: ...

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,274 Posts
Alcohol IMO is hard on fuel components as noted above
Do not use E-15 or E-85 fuel in your
vehicle. Your vehicle is not designed to
run on E-15 or E-85 fuel. Using E-15 or E85 fuel in a vehicle not specifically
designed for E-15 or E-85 fuel can
adversely affect the emission control
devices and systems of the vehicle.
Damage caused by such fuel is not
covered by the INFINITI new vehicle
limited warranty.

Reactions: brent

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My experience have been flawless since AMS released their Fuel Pressure sensor.

I do have all AMS fueling mods (HPFP, LPFP, FF Kit, Fuel Filter, FP Sensor) including injectors and changed my rails.
The high-pressure fuel sensor?

The V2 (version 2 kit) of the AMS flex fuel kit says it comes with a sensor. It is obsolete? Or something they have added to correct the issue?

"For AMS Performance's version 2 of the Red Alpha Flex Fuel Kit, they've added a proprietary fuel sensor signal converter which takes the signal from the ethanol content sensor and converts the incoming electrical frequency to the correct electrical voltage that the ECU can read. The best part – There is no need to spend extra money on an unnecessary phone app to read your ethanol content like with other kits. The readings are sent directly to the ECU and available through your existing EcuTek app for you to view."

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The stock injectors are not E85-compliant. Ethanol is a low-lubricity fuel and you're rolling the dice when running higher than E30, as the stock injectors are likely to either stick close (bad) or stick open (much worse), which in the latter case would potentially hydro-lock the engine. Same argument can be applied to the stock HPFP and LPFP.

If you go E85, spend a little $ up front or be prepared to spend alot later.
What about just running 93? Can I just upgrade lpfp and get more fuel for some gains or would need bigger injectors still?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've had it since Nov 2021...have not had any issue.
ok, i just pulled the trigger on the full AMS system including injectors. hopefully, the fuel sensor included in the kit is the same as the hpsensor they advertise separately or is just as good idk.
Also swapping my FI lower downpipes for the full AMS pipes. Hopefully connects to the ark exhaust with no issues.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts