Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time you get in, you’ll appreciate the flexible doorstop that can hold open in most any position. No more door springing back on you, trying to close. Your foot, now free, doesn’t need to brace the door.
2017 INFINITI Q60 Coupe Design | INFINITI USA

Ok, is this BS or what? My door has two positions where it holds. Open all the way, or closed. Does your "flexible doorstop" operate as described by Infiniti?

·
Registered
250 Posts
It seems like the doors are slightly better at staying open in mid-position than on other cars, but they still gravitate toward the two main stops.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Total BS!!!!!.... loool... I remember reading that awhile back and was excited... especially since coupe doors are longer and harder to open/keep in place in tight parking situations... my doors do not stay in place at all and I get frustrated about it. I thought I was the only one noticing this.

Reactions: Morpheus

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
This is disappointing. My wife always complains when the doors on my coupes comes back at her. I'm gotten used to 2 door cars and so support the door at all times but she hasn't developed that habit. Guess I'm going to have to get used to hearing her say "ow" all the time when the doors inevitably come back to slam on her legs or knees as she's getting in or out of the car.

Would that qualify as spousal abuse??? My MIL already has it in for me because she's batshit insane..don't need to give her any more ammo!!!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It doesn't come back with much force, but it does slowly close unless you open the door to its limit. I'm wondering if there's any adjustment for this.

·
Registered
359 Posts
My door stays open in 2 main positions, and tries to shut on me if I park on a hill. That was a disappointment for me, but not enough to refuse delivery or anything.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, there is a stop about halfway between fully open and closed, but it's still not like what's described by Infiniti.

·
Registered
2020 Q60 Red Sport AWD
19 Posts
Totally agree. Add it to the list along with tire sizes, rear exit/entry, speed sensitive volume, etc etc. Infiniti better be thankful the cars are so dang good looking!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hmm . . . on level ground, ours can be stopped just about anywhere between the hard stops.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmm . . . on level ground, ours can be stopped just about anywhere between the hard stops.
My garage is pretty level :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
This "feature" is a completely alternative fact.

Hey Infiniti, why do you even try this crap on us? Its like self-healing paint. That was BS too. Is Kellyanne Conway working in Marketing now?

If you're going to write it down in the printed brochure, it really should be true. I had a customer ask me about it the other day in the showroom. My response? Oh, that? It is Marketingware, aka brochureware.

·
Registered
231 Posts
This "feature" is a completely alternative fact.
lmfao.... actually, I heard that it's a feature only available for the Q60's in Bowling Green.:D

·
Registered
95 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts