Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I need a new car but no more than 32k max what I’m trying to spend on a used car. It have to be fast so right now I’m consider either the 3.0t q60, or maybe this 2014 c63 amg I found in my area with 55k miles on it. Main reason I’m looking into these cars because it’s like a middle class person gtr. I know some might say if speed that important why not just get a 5.0 or a cts v or a c6..... but looks also something I care about and I don’t want a car with no touch screen and good sound system.

Ok so I drag it on enough what you think I should get, used Q60 or the c63 amg ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I owned a CLK55, and then a C63. I liked both. The older gen C63 is a bit dated when comparing to the new model. I was recently cross shopping the C43. The motors are well built and are very easily tuned to the point where they bow away a stock C63. They have a great interior design, and the exhaust note with the Performance Exhaust option is exquisite. My C63 burned through tires like no car i've ever owned. Im still a fan of MB vehicles, but after many trips to the dealer with the 63, I've taken a break. Go drive a C43, see what you think.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Man well you have good taste for starters.
The AMG looks great ! The Q looks exotic and beautiful.
I almost got RC 350 Lexus but decided on Midnight black Q60 2017 34,000 miles.
Check into the next model change on both and which one will look dated quicker. I like both but i can say regarding Q60 that it’s rare, beautiful and fast and reliable.
There is no courtesy map light in rear but if that’s not a concern then test drive both cars. Both are impressive cars but I would go with the Q60

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys, I seen some 3.0t for about 28k used here but I really wish it was the redsport but I’m hearing they can become just as fast as the redsport with just a $800 tune? If that’s true then maybe it’s smart I go that route but I got to wait till I find a used one that already have black rims so I don’t have to pay for some lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I found a 2016 q50s for like 22k, it’s the 3.0t one but wondering is that the redsport version? And can those be tuned to be as fast as a tuned Q60? Or should I just stick to trying to find the q60?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Not many here know the Q50 but I doubt what you describe above is a Red Sport. I suggest visiting the Q50 Forum and/or build a current Q50 on Infiniti's page and should be able to see there the descriptions. You can also research for many tuning postings which talk about performance and pricing.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Best advice is to drive each one and go from there. If the car speaks to you, get it. If not, move on. :)

Also, have you thought about ancillary costs like servicing the vehicle, gas cost/mpg, etc?

For reference, I owned a 15 Chevy 2500 6.6L Turbo Diesel that I drove 3 days a week ~30 miles round trip. It would avg. 13-16mpg if I babied it(which I did 99.9%). That cost more to own/drive than my '15 Chevy Z/28(read race car) doing the same route but 5 days a week and with a 7.0L V8 that was getting an avg mpg b/w 3-6 on premium. Rush hour here in Charleston, SC sucks(1.5 hours in traffic for a 15 mile trip)

The Q60 RS400 that I now own cost way less to drive than both of those as far as ancillaries go. Heck I get over 2 weeks out of my tank of gas when I used to get 3 days out of the other 2 vehicles.

I'd only go with the C63 if you have money to burn or just have to have a V8.

One last thing, if you like V8s like me, then the Q is gonna be super quiet for you. I can't believe how quiet this thing is, kinda disappointing. I don't count the fake noise from my speakers when in Sport or Sport+. Unlike most, I actually think that fake noise sounds decent. I'd much rather have an actual exhaust note but oh well, I'll have a Fast Intentions full catback put on eventually to cure that.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I'd much rather have an actual exhaust note but oh well, I'll have a Fast Intentions full catback put on eventually to cure that.
Besides the "Touring Edition" mufflers, FI also is making a louder (shorter) muffler option for their CBE. Check with Kevin @ FI regarding its availability if you want a louder exhaust note, as I don't see it yet offered on their config. page.

Reactions: tstod88

·
Registered
447 Posts
the c63 would be a more fun performance car...but the mpg is really bad...my buddy sold his daily driver c63..he barely got 13mpg and it would go through rear tires really fast because of all the tq. He told me his gtr actually got better mpg lol.

the q60 is a sporty GT car with more on the GT side versus performance compared to the c63. But with the q60 you get the better looks in my opinion and the nissan awd which is still very good even by todays standards since its rwd based awd and not the fake fwd-awd you see a lot today.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Besides the "Touring Edition" mufflers, FI also is making a louder (shorter) muffler option for their CBE. Check with Kevin @ FI regarding its availability if you want a louder exhaust note, as I don't see it yet offered on their config. page.
Thanks for the info! Not sure if I want to go louder than the current exhaust they offer. However, I'll def call him when it comes time order.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Preference

I also considered the C63 AMG, but opted for a 2018 RS400. Great gas mileage (close to 29mpg on the interstates), and all the new technology and safety and driver assistance options on mine. MB repair costs also were a scary concern. Bought my RS with 4,500 miles and 6 months use from Infiniti dealer. CPO in perfect condition. $41,100 for a car with $64,000 sticker.:) Look for low mileage CPO car.

·
Registered
447 Posts
in general the q50s will be cheaper then the q60s since there were more backend rebates on them and they come with less standard equipment.

the q60 premium would probably closer to your price range. the q60 redsports then to hold there value a bit better then the non-redsports. best compromise would be to get the q60 sport version...it comes with the adaptive suspensions and big brakes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Man well you have good taste for starters.
The AMG looks great ! The Q looks exotic and beautiful.
I almost got RC 350 Lexus but decided on Midnight black Q60 2017 34,000 miles.
Check into the next model change on both and which one will look dated quicker. I like both but i can say regarding Q60 that it’s rare, beautiful and fast and reliable.
There is no courtesy map light in rear but if that’s not a concern then test drive both cars. Both are impressive cars but I would go with the Q60
how is your 2017 q60 treating so thus far?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
how is your 2017 q60 treating so thus far?
Kbarbee has not logged into the forum since Jan 2020, so I doubt you will get a response.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts